Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Flashing yellow - charger connect but not locked

puthsardarade

Hi,

Quite often I've found it difficult to remove my charge from my Panamera Hybrid even after turning off the power from the charger via the mains socket - using official porsche home charger 3 pin connected to mains.

Today I've found that I am no longer able to charge my Panamera. Charger shows as plugged in but there is now just a yellow flashing light on the plugin area where the charge is connected.
Manual shows a status of charger connected but not locked.

From a Google search I came across only one post elsewhere and they stated: "The actuator for the door to the plug-in receptacle for my Porsche failed, and I had to go to the dealer to get it fixed. "

I think the above sounds like it might be the same issue - anyone else aware of this issue?

My Panamera Hybrid is a April 2015 model would the above issue be covered by Porsche UK warranty?

Dealerships tend to try and charge diagnostics etc - if the fault is above any suggestions how I can just have the fault repaired directly under warranty?

If out of warranty it could be a problem going to a independent as a couple I contacted locally advised they do not repair these types of faults on hybrids - I am based in Leeds.

Thanks in advance

The warranty would be 3 years so unless you have taken out the addition warranty then it wouldn't be covered .

However I would expect Porsche to make a contribution towards the repair due to the age of the car.

The problem is difficult to diagnose remotely im afraid .. the charger and the car communicate with each other via a square wave signal .. PWM and there could well be a problem with the communication between these that's causing the fault ...

As a safety feature if the two cant communicate then the charge input can't be seen and the system will not work basically .

You will struggle to find Any Indy that will touch these .

My local Porsche Centre - advised me they charge £180 for 1 hour of diagnostics.

If it is a high voltage issue then my warranty would cover it, if its due to locking or something else then there will be additional costs to pay.

There must be an Independent that could run diagnostics at the very least and confirm the actual fault?

Any suggestions ideally near Leeds or I can travel if its within 45 minutes?

Thanks

Stuff me .. OPC do know how to charge these days .

I'm afraid i'm a long way from you and don't have the equipment to be of much help .. i know the system .. i can diagnose it but the shutting down of the battery is the problem .

Any Indy will struggle with this due to the cost of the equipment required i expect .. very rare atm to see problems with this system so its not worth investing in From an indys point of view .

Being in Brighton im afraid i can't recommend any places in leeds .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back