Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tandem pump cover swap - minor detail

All brake servos have a one way valve and its usually on the end of the pipe you actually push into the servo ... no check valve and on over run you would have no vacuum in the servo :)

The Tandem pump replacement itself is not hard .. but if the bolts have seized they will just round out ( Torx ) .

In this case you have to remove the bumper and possibly the exhaust that's in front of it then being a bit brave start attacking around the bolts with a hammer and chisel to snap away the casing or try and drill them out .

i've used the hammer method a few times and its quite effective shall we say .

I replaced the cover with the ACP item and it worked perfectly. My tandem pump wasn't actually leaking but the cover was quite corroded in places. Had I realised the Pierberg full pump was £250 from autodoc I would have replaced the whole item!
Anyone got a link for this because I cant see one on the autodoc site

deMort, I'll see your Frazer part, and raise you an Autodoc........vat inc, free delivery and its OEM

INC = including :)
EX = excluding

no problem :) I agree it can be confusing.

Turbos are different pumps though .[/quote]

This is the main reason why preventative steps/cover replacement should be carried out on the Turbo as replaments pumps are circa £1000

To support those comments regarding ACF50 - my 997.2 turbo is now 8 years old and there is no appreciable corrosion.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back