Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Used car help

Trit21

Hi gents. After 18 years of BMW's I'm not swapping over to try a 911.
When looking at used cars at dealers etc what sort of discount am I likely to get if any? Also what's the best Apr they will do on a used car.
I'm looking at 991's 2017 onwards any issues to look out for or any must have options?

So, you want a 991.2? Which model? RWD or AWD? What's your budget?

As regards options on my C4 GTS, for me, the must haves were:

Rear axle steering
PDCC and PASM SS (20mm lower)
LED headlights with PDLS Plus
ParkAssist front and rear

The OPC tried to convince me to spec a sunroof, as it improves resale value apparently, but I think it ruins the lines on a lighter coloured car, so opted against it.

Ideally up to 80ish I need to drive a 2 and a 4 to see the difference. Is it worth pushing a little more to get a GTS are they really that mush better over a normal 2/4?

Trit21 said:
Ideally up to 80ish I need to drive a 2 and a 4 to see the difference. Is it worth pushing a little more to get a GTS are they really that mush better over a normal 2/4?

The GTS is usually better value, when compared to the 2S/4S when you've added some of the more desirable options, such as Sports Chrono, Sports Exhaust, lower suspension, GT Steering wheel in leather, 20-inch turbo S wheels and powerkit engine, which come as standard on the GTS.

You can expect about 7% ish on the APR.

I got a decent discount on my 991.1, but now that 991's seem to be turning over again after the market was pretty stagnant over the winter, it might be harder!

GTS's seem to hold their value particularly well and a 2017 GTS is nearer £90K from an OPC, but aim for 4-5% and see what they say, because they should have a potential 8-10% profit in the car if they haven't had to put on new tyres, do a service, respray the front end, or fix kerbed alloys. Obviously the stock financing, valeting and 111 point checks, plus the additional 2 year warranty are straight costs to them - but at less than we pay as they don't pay VAT and there are no margins internally.

Finance makes their margin bigger so they may be more keen to do a deal if they think they're getting a big chunk of this as well ....

Usual provisos apply - if they have too much used stock - things aren't moving or you're nearing month / quarter end all will help your cause.

Good luck. :)

As it's manual - it's rarer. Plus it's in a desirable colour. The only obvious omission is that it's only got the standard leather package - so no leather dashboard, doors or centre console ....

I suppose you could start at a nice round £80K and see what they say. They'll probably only offer you a token gesture of £750 to £1,500 off to start with, but if done nicely with the scene set that you're after a GTS - plus you're looking at a few on the market and your search is dependent on price ..... Who knows?

It's like brinkmanship, in how badly you want the car versus who else is interested. I know plenty of people who have held out and the dealer has grudgingly gone back to them and accepted their offer and even more who missed out because someone else was prepared to pay more ....

Trit21 said:
Also what's the best Apr they will do on a used car.
Until recently, had a finance agreement at 6.8% APR.
Funded through Volkswagen Financial Services which is the go-to provider for Porsche UK. In paying off the loan early, the customer service and communication turned into an absolute fiasco which took months to resolve. So, even with a much better APR, would not recommend VWFS.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back