Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wax oil removal

Enjoying the process might be a little much :floor:

I do get some satisfaction out of being able to say that I did that.
My car may not be the best in the world but it's well specced, has a good history and reasonably low mileage and it was all I could afford. It's very well worth a bit of time and effort to save. I know the parts bill will be 5 times what I expect and there's more work than I ever thought, but I'll make it the best I can on a reasonable budget.

Got a little more done. Most of the front done now including wheel arches. Same as the rear, most of the sealer is in good shape and has served it's purpose well. Some splits in it though so not sure how to go about the whole job now. Pretty sure everything between the wheels(as in the floor pan) will need the sealer stripped, prepped and re-sealed. The sills will definitely need work as they're past it.

Inside the front suspension turrets will need rubbed back and painted but I'm confident that's all.
No idea what products to use for any of this. I want the best job possible but I'm limited to working on axle stands in a very tight garage so spraying won't be easy. I've been looking at por15 but still undecided. It might be perfect for the turrets but I'd like to be using a sealer again on the floor.

End of June is the time to start the real graft but I've probably a full days work done so at least it's a head start.

Attachments

• 25d93564_0935_4fb3_ae85_f8b63f445a42_174.png
    25d93564_0935_4fb3_ae85_f8b63f445a42_174.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,050

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back