Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is there a low mileage curse?

Thanks for the additional comments.

2 things I am definitely doing;
*taking my time - for example, this low miler I'm talking about has been for sale for months!!!
*getting a PPI (unless the history is such that this is deemed not necessary - for example, recent Hartech gold service & car report! - unlikely but not impossible)

edh - nice to hear from you. I'd pretty much drifted away from all forums in recent years (pcgb, tipec and lately 968uk). Hadn't intended to sell the 968 (was still buying more stuff for it earlier this year) and the woke up and decided 'fancy a change' - advertised at a very sensible price and it was sold within 10 days or so. That was February. Quite enjoyable having the extra space in the garage. I miss the 968 but don't regret selling it.

Ideally a 996 c4s with aero kit and a full Hartech rebuild would be choice - based on looks anyway - at this moment!

There are low mileage heaps as well as high mileage ones, but a low mileage car is always better to have come resale.

I bought another sports car with what i thought was lowish miles at 48k, turned out it wasn't really and i could have bought a lot lower. However, loads of people have been having their engines and gearboxes let go at low mileage and the same kind of issues that are common, so all in all i've been pretty happy with mine, plus it has a 10k exhaust! Who buys a 10k exhaust!?

In future i would be looking at the lowest mileage car i can afford, but it must have a good service history and the correct money spent on it. I'm not bothered about the odd missed service like some are, so long as it has been serviced inline with it's usage.

I wouldn't rule out a higher mileage car so long as it is priced accordingly and again has the right servicing, especially if i was planning to use it more often and rack the miles up.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back