Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spoiler problems

stevebozzy

Spa-Francorchamps
rear spoiler

Sundeep said:
worth having just in case !

DME%20Relay%20location.jpg
my rear spoiler has stopped working altogether now,
it went up automatically OK,but only went down manually when i got the car.
is it one of these relays to blame , which one ?
thanks
steve

Steve,

The spoiler has it's own dedicated controller - under the seat or under the dash, dependent upon model year. There are a couple of relays inside the controller box but the problem of "up & no down" is often caused by the up limit micro switch being out of adjustment.

If you remove the plastic cover over the spoiler mechanism you'll see there are 2 micro switches - one for the "up" position and one for the "down" position. If either is out of adjustment the controller won't reverse the drive - hence, up but no down!!

Regards

Dave

Steve, I've split your question out as a separate topic to encourage more help. I agree with Dave, spoiler problems are usually related to the mechanism itself. Mine stopped working due to the drive gear dropping off.

Put a towel over the engine when you remove the cover incase anything drops out.

spoiler

thank you for advice,
i will have a go at it myself during the week.
steve

rearspoiler

hi,
i have had a go at mending my spoiler,
i took the drive wheel off ,lifted the spoiler to fully open,then put the wheel back on. the spoiler came down with the switch OK,but wouldnt go back up.
at least i now know the motor and manual switch work.!
the proxy switch nearest to the back window is being operated by the adjusting screw ok.
the other switch was not being touched by the adjusting screw at its limit
so i adjusted the adjusting screw until it pressed the proxy switch.
but it still only works coming down manually,
is it just trial and error or is there a measurement to set them to ?
how can i tell if the proxy is actually working ?
thanks again
ps can anybody recommend a local mechanic/enthusiast .i prefer to use the" little guy " rather than main dealer

steve

Hi,
I had a similar problem and ended up ordering a new microswitch harness from my OPC. Took 30 mins to install and a few turns of the adjustment screws. I disconnected it first and used a multi meter to work out one of the switches was broke.

If you need someone local to you then Chris Sanderson at Loe Bank Motors in Edenfield did a load of work on my car to fix oil leaks and is a really nice guy to deal with.

964 spoiler

hi,

just bought a 964 last weekend. new to all this so please bear with me.

on my journey back i stopped at the services, noticed the spoiler was stuck about 2 inches up on shutdown.

when i returned to the car i tried the manual swith which worked but it still would not go down fully.

i pressed on, at the next set of lights i heard a bit of a crunch noise. it was now fully down and worked normally.

no probs since but i have noticed that should somebody (vandal) wish then they can manually lift the spoiler up when the car is swithched off.

is this normal? :roll:

its a 1990 C4 Coupe, photo to follow.

cheers

spoiler

Boxsey said:
You could try Hartech in Bolton.
hartech did the PPI on this car for me,
i wasnt overly impressed with people skills the of boss !
when i phoned to confirm the inspection ,he told me not to forget to bring the cash for the inspection !
the mechanic was very pleasant though.
i will contact the other person who was recommended.
thanks steve

I was sitting here reading the posts .. trying to work out the system in my head .. thinking what info i had to help out ...

Then saw the date .. Doh !!!

Moving swiftly on to another thread ..

BTW .. probably best not to click on his links .. i'm not anyways !!!!!!!!!!!

MODS !!!!!!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back