Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PDCC faults.

Thanks Iain, that's helpful.

Notes to self/thinking out loud below;

Right Front Valve and PDB Rear Axle are description for the rear valve, slightly meaningless and confusing to me.

I will check the signal voltage from the sensors with the car running (so pump is running) and car with just ignition on, will look for a change in values.

The only other thing I'd like to do is apply 12v to the valves but unsure or which pin to apply that to, as you mention the control unit controls all that so I'm not too clued up on how to work with that.. I will assume either as 1 pin will wind the valve out and the other, back in, it wouldn't matter how i apply a + and - probe but I'm not too clued up on electrical stuff beyond the basics.

As per Pm .. we need an actual fault code so we can go from there .. we are kinda guessing atm i'm afraid and i'm not keen on that .. it costs money and often on the wrong items .

PDB .. my guess Porsche ( everything with a P means this Dynamic Bar )

We are dealing with a german to english translation .. ive often seen the same thing described differently in the manual and on parts supply so its a guess at best .

Roll bar basically is what i would think .

the pressure sensors have a 12 volts feed and earth .. the solenoids .. hmm .. i don't think so ..

My guess would be they are PWM ..

Pulse Width Modulated .. its a variable voltage basically .. switch a 12 volt feed on and off and you can have anywhere between 9 and 13 volts .. this will make an item run faster or slower depending on the switch .

Sticking 12 volts up it wont prove anything .

We scope these signals to diagnose a fault .

Something i would advise against on either the solenoid or the pressure sensor .

Cheers Iain!

I got an icarsoft por2 reader. Seems to do everytbing, even cam deviations etc but when I select the PDCC module, it says it can't communicat, the one bloody thing I wanted it to do!

Even with the chassis system warning with red shock being displayed, it doesn't pick anything wrong up.

When poking around accrual values for the level control, it did show 0v on the RR level sensor. The car still goes up and down no problem, remains even, self levels.

https://flic.kr/p/TKo4ob

Cam deviations seem to be a fixed value that doesn't change whereas the cam positions do so I think I'm some what limited using this icarsoft. I did check the level sensors a few times after and it showed both rears at zero and no change across all of them no matter the height of the car.

I think it needs to go on a big boy machine.

Ahh, it is odd, nothing gives any results for the code.

I will need to get it down to you! Even if I book it in through the books, it's pissing me off!

I did some poking around last night, I found 1 plug with rust at the pins, gave a clean but no joy once buttoned back up.

I've got a new fluid tank but I think I will refrain from fitting it until I work out what the issue is as if it results in changing a pressure sender or something, it's going to dump the fluid.

Just for reference of anyone not willing to change the entire valve block, I have found replacement pressure senders.

Pic of sender on my car

32819255067_5527b884ee_c.jpg

Pic of sender which is available new.

81CG17Dl6mL._SL1500_.jpg

There was a thread I saw yesterday, where a guy undone the bleed nipples while car was running and got air out of the system, I didn't think air could get trapped as it is a circuit system I believe with fluid cycled back through the bottle but according to him, he got air out..

555x417x000002421879_3.jpg.pagespeed.ic.FWGJSGlK5d.jpg

ARB body showing the nips... Can't say I want to fiddle with those as they'll probably snap.

I will await further diagnostics..

Dredging up an old topic here I know, but did you happen to still have a note of the part number for these pressure senders? I cant find the correct spec ones anywhere!

Thanks

Ben

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back