Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A new chapter...

Another vote for mint green.

Can't wait to see the result and who you choose to do the work etc, cost as thinking about doing exactly the same at some stage. Was very impressed with the Riviera 993 with can can red leather a few years back here on 911Uk. Inspirational stuff :thumbs:

Mint Green 993 rock... :bandit:

C.

Attachments

• mint_1_182.jpg
    mint_1_182.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 8,878
I would be very tempted by bright orange - used to love Ford's in Signal Orange

Nice going Chet! Look forward to seeing your car again.

If I was going for a solid colour, I've always had a soft spot for Grand Prix white.

I'm obsessing over signal yellow ATM, that would look great on a 993

Love to see a Rubystone Red 993. Closest ive ever seen was a 993 vert with an awful matching interior in what could have been RR

Attachments

• c94d3bfe_ea15_48b7_ba81_4a104175545c_145.jpeg
    c94d3bfe_ea15_48b7_ba81_4a104175545c_145.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 2,775
Some pretty iconic paint names mentioned thus far!

Indeed the chosen colour has been stated in the thread. By someone who I'm 99.99% certain has seen parts of the fresh paint already. Yes it clearly won't be for everyone; yes purists will shudder at the thought of new paint not being shot in every corner; yes purists may be disgusted the whole car wasn't taken back to bare metal (although the wings were, for example), and that's fine... hence the warning at the start of the thread!

Another hint: I am aware of/have seen at least five 993s that left the factory in this colour, as it was available via PTS. Those five cover GT/RS/Turbo/Carrera spec cars. So it will remain in keeping with the period of production... not that originality will be of any relevance once completed!

Robertb said:
Sounds an exciting project, and I applaud you for building 'your' car. Any plans for the interior?
Thank you. Regarding the interior, the car had benefited from a re-trim in 2009 and I'm very happy with it for the foreseeable future. Some photos here: 1 --- 2 --- 3 --- 4 --- 5 --- 6 --- 7.

Sutton said:
If I was going for a solid colour, I've always had a soft spot for Grand Prix white.

A man with impeccable taste... :thumb:

ch3tman. I have a set of 993 big bolster sports seats that would look great in your car. 8)

C.

ch3tman said:
Yes it clearly won't be for everyone; yes purists will shudder at the thought of new paint not being shot in every corner; yes purists may be disgusted the whole car wasn't taken back to bare metal (although the wings were, for example), and that's fine...

You own it, you do what you want with it. If you want a specific PTS colour on a 993 the way you're doing it is pretty much the only way to guarantee getting one.

:thumbs:

Way to go on colour... I've said it for a while now, we need more 993 hot rods and thinking outside the box builds. I'm going two tone with my own 993 this year. :eek:

Looking forward to seeing the end result.

C.

cableguy said:
we need more 993 hot rods and thinking outside the box builds. .

I've got something up my sleeve for 2020.

cableguy said:
...I'm going two tone with my own 993 this year. :eek:

Looking forward to seeing the end result.

C.

This two-tone 993 was seen around here last summer... Looks like a taxi!

Attachments

• 20180524_185943_894.jpg
    20180524_185943_894.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 2,551

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back