Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Smoke on start up with Millers 10:50 nanodrive oil

Shurv

Mexico City
Ever since I put Millers 10w50 nano oil in my 996, it smokes a bit on initial start up. Both pipes blow out the same amount, it is blue smoke and smells oily. It puffs around 10 secs after start up for about 5 secs, then no more. It doesn't always do it, but especially if left for a couple of weeks. Any one else have this with Millers?. With mobil 1 it smoked occasionally, more often during winter months.

Mine does that, but then it always did to an extent. Maybe the thicker oil makes for a more noticeable smoke. On the flip side, oil consumption is lower so far with the Millers 10w 50 and the engine sounds quieter on start up so I'm sticking with it.

Totally agree ref consumption, not needed to add any in 3000 miles when with mobil1 it'd need half a ltr by now.The engine is running really sweetly and more quietly than with mobil 1 so I will stick to the Millers and ignore the puffs on cold start, there is no smoke when warm.

Better it burns residual oil than score bores because there is insufficient or too-thin oil lining the pistons, I always thought.

Just sounds like oil in your intake plenum. AOS could be letting oil get in to the air intake. :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back