Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

where to get good replacement wheel nuts

cvega

for a 996.2.. mine are rusted to hell and look rather appaling.
Ebay has a load of them but I don't trust cheap shiny replacements. Apart from he dealer, where could I get some ? Any recommendations ?

If they are not falling apart, then they can be dramatically improved by a spray over with silver wheel paint from Halfords etc. Keeps them looking good for longer than I expected. Did mine over a year ago, still fine despite a few removals/refits. I used Rust-oleum silver paint, applied with a brush, on the recommendation of a local motor-factors.

I would imagine like for like replacements will rust again with time, so if changing I'd want stainless steel or titanium.

Other retailers available, but for starters...
https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/pt179_434_-cma81-cmo110/Porsche/996--911--1997-05/Wheel-Bolts/

Alex is our resident metallurgist, hopefully he will be along to advise.

lightning fast replies, cheers guys

As part of a Major service we repaint the wheel bolts as standard ..

If you have access to a bench grinder with a wire wheel then it's pretty easy to sand them down .. a bit of primer and then whatever colour of paint you wish.

It will also make the wheel locking nut fit the lockers better once the rust is removed .

just an option anyways .

What i will add .. as i've seen this .. not all aftermarket wheel lockers have a big enough cone .. please make sure the set you buy is actually listed for a Porsche car .. the solid titanium ones with a fixed cone is what i'm thinking here .

For a tenner you could buy nut covers in a variety of colours & finishes ?

I've studded all my wheels and trapped the spacer between wheel and hub. I used 90mm studs in the back and 68mm in the front, with radius open ended lug nuts from a supplier near me.

The nuts were zinc coated and really cheap, so I'll just replace if they rust. Think they were 1.99 each.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back