Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

anyone fitted a forward facing child seat in the rear?

Ok so I have been to halfords today and tried the the child seat, terrible fit moved around once the belts were tightened so the guy took it back in and while I removed the seat backs and base helpful lady came back out with the seat and still no joy so I popped into Mothercare next door met a super helpful lady but she said nothing they have would fit she had a good look at the car but took my number and is going to call all the manufactures on Monday to see if they can help so guess I will have to wait till then if nothing I might have to bite the bullet and pay out at the dealer for the Porsche one, baby wont be in the car often but I want her to be secure when she is.

Can I please ask the people who have one fitted to stick a photo up of the seat in the car.

Thanks in advance,

Double post oops

Running a few errands this morning with my daughter. She's 4 years old and resides in the Halfords Essential seat quite nicely when in the 997. No seat pad or back removed. Seat doesn't seem to move around excessively; I fact it's all quite stable. See pics incl. seat label below.

Attachments

• bbdcb965_ebf9_4916_8e84_b057e8384c5d_210.jpeg
    bbdcb965_ebf9_4916_8e84_b057e8384c5d_210.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 3,755
  • 81444c82_cacb_4fd4_9a08_553e5c7e99ec_308.jpeg
    81444c82_cacb_4fd4_9a08_553e5c7e99ec_308.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 3,755
  • 0694b4fc_b732_4092_bbfa_ca15fc600068_152.jpeg
    0694b4fc_b732_4092_bbfa_ca15fc600068_152.jpeg
    145.8 KB · Views: 3,755
thank you all for your help and advice, I returned to mother care and after a young lady spent almost a hour in the back of the car she got one to fit the 997 wasn't on the "approved" list so I had to fit it myself but without the determination of this lady I was beginning to wander if i would ever get sorted,

anyway again thank you for all your help and advice.

Sean-f

It all depends on the age of your child, for those under a 1 it is better to choose something more qualitative and reliable, especially if there is nobody sitting behind near the baby. Frankly speaking, until our child reached the age when they could sit I was always sitting near him and just in case to secure the seat because really these small models are not very good. But after he reached 2 years, we finally ordered a cool, reliable chair from https://cutelittledarling.com/best-car-seat-for-4-year-old/ which fits in our car and securely holds the baby. At last, I can ride quietly myself with the child and don't be constantly afraid that something will happen.

Since this has been bumped thought id share some of my findings recently.

I have found that the egg stroller / pram / buggy thingy will fit in the front of a 997 2WD. That is if you take the wheels off of the frame.

This also fits the Maxi-cosy range of seats which as others have said fit in the back. I haven't been able to try front facing as the seat we got is rear facing only.

I did want to buy one of the cheaper brand stroller / pram sets, but unfortunately of the ones we chose to look at they all had frames that when folded up were all too big for my 'silly' car (much to the annoyance of wifey)

sja360 said:
Other more expensive option is to get the optional passenger airbag disabling device fitted by the OPC, last I heard it was about £800-850 though :eek:

I had this done a few weeks back. My local indy did it for £320 all in. It also has the added bonus it adds the ISO fixings to the passenger seat so if your child seat has ISO then you can make use of that too.

You can buy the "kit" for £180 (I think it was) and fit yourself - its pretty easy, but you have to use piwis to tell it that you now have the airbag deactivation switch fitted.

GlenB said:
Since this has been bumped thought id share some of my findings recently.

I have found that the egg stroller / pram / buggy thingy will fit in the front of a 997 2WD. That is if you take the wheels off of the frame.

This also fits the Maxi-cosy range of seats which as others have said fit in the back. I haven't been able to try front facing as the seat we got is rear facing only.

I did want to buy one of the cheaper brand stroller / pram sets, but unfortunately of the ones we chose to look at they all had frames that when folded up were all too big for my 'silly' car (much to the annoyance of wifey)
Going back couple years with my young one we manage to fit the icandy designer in the front but the same as your egg model we had to take the wheels off but as with all strollers easy to do

Best solution is don't breed ! :eek: :floor: :floor:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back