Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Had a drive in a mate's Litchfield Carrera T

A friend of mine recently got himself a tasty Carrera T and then handed it over to Litchfield for some attention.

The result, it now has a smidge under 500bhp, lowered and widened stance and a big brake kit (PCCB Calipers done since the pics were taken).

He drove up from London early early doors on a Sunday morn so we could have the place to ourselves. No sooner had he arrived he threw the keys at me and took control of my Cayman.

Wow, what can I say, not driven a 991 until then and with 500 horses boy did it shift. We jumped onto the A11 to gain access to some nice small roads. Felt incredibly tight. Having a 7th gear took a second for me to get my head around, only used it briefly on the A11 for the sake if using it.

I enjoyed all the crazy noises, I switched PSE on but left everything else, stupidly forgetting to turn on Sports Chrono. Ok so the flat 6 wasn't there, but the sound was still exciting. Not having the SC+ or whatever its called these days left me to do the dirty work of downshifting, so not such a bad thing.

Once onto the country roads, the power was something else. Not driven a sports car with that much power before, a few modded Audi RS's but they don't compare. I noticed on the motorway that even with PASM on, a jab on the steering wheel, didn't result in the car darting from one lane to the next as quickly as my Cayman, even with 'rear wheel steering', not sure if that is to do with the engine being in the back. But the very initial pounce in response to a quick steering input isn't quite as instant as my lowly 987.

None the less, overtaking was simply breath-taking. Blew me away in honesty. Handled amazingly and I must say, was more compliant than my Cayman. Anyways, I had about 15 miles in her then we swapped back.

By which point we were on my turf and he on roads he has never seen before. Time for me to press on (all within the denoted speed limits of course) and the first thing that struck me, ok, my car sounds so so much better with PSE. So initial steering response and the soundtrack my car edges it. Not bad for a car worth a fraction of the modded T in my book.

He said the only way he remotely kept up was due to the power, he agreed that the near 300 horses (as people have stated on here) in a nicely balanced chassis really is enough on the small UK back roads. Of course I had local knowledge, felt good having to wait up a bit a few times none the less. Still, nice to have almost twice as much power, seems he gets better MPG too!

So in reflection, extremely capable and quick car, solid and tight. Thanks to my mate for trusting me with it before even vetting my driving.

Pics to follow...

Attachments

• t_bucket_185.jpg
    t_bucket_185.jpg
    719.5 KB · Views: 2,862
  • t_interior_214.jpg
    t_interior_214.jpg
    679.4 KB · Views: 2,863
  • t_rear_no_plate_210.jpg
    t_rear_no_plate_210.jpg
    751.5 KB · Views: 2,862
  • t_side_210.jpg
    t_side_210.jpg
    758.3 KB · Views: 2,862
  • t_front_no_plate_385.jpg
    t_front_no_plate_385.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,862
Great write-up, cheers. Magazine reports raved about the Lichfield T (the owner bought one for himself and then set about tuning it).

Interesting what you say about the performance, as you say there are very, very infrequent occasions when I feel that 300ish bhp is not enough on UK roads.

Boxsters/Caymans generally sound better inside IMO than 911s... something about having the engine right behind you I guess.

Cheers, Rob, was a right blast.

I can't imagine having more than 300 horses, wow that must take will power. 300 already more than enough to tot up 12 points rather easily.

There probably is an argument for having a lot of good sound with then engine just behind you in the cabin :lol:

An excellent write up. Thanks for sharing. :thumbs:

A pleasure, T8. Saw someone was having theirs done by 9e wasn't it?! Thought I'd chuck this into the mixing pot.

:thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back