Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Male or Female - what gender is your Porsche..?

tallmat

Monza
Many here, and in countless other forums, call their cars a 'she' or 'her'.

In the age of Me Too, is it time to look at the Porsche line-up and pick some models that should be, er, Men.. :roll:

The 911 is all curves, surely a shapely lady..?

Bring it on...

PS Seems that Harvey Weinstein wasn't a Porsche owner. Guess he preferred a stretch limo..

it's a car. mines an 'it'.

I did a thread on this Yonks ago: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=101492

It is just a car and has no gender IMHO.

If folk wanna give their car a sex or name that's up to them and doesn't bother me.

Mine's a trans female, started life as a Trevor but now likes to be called Candy.

Herman, clues in the title, can't be doing with all this she Shiite....

...it's a lump of metal; it's a car with no name...

My wife has christened ours "Ferdinand".

There you go, 'my wife'

Any bloke that gives pet names to cars or bikes needs a good kick in knackers. To remind him of his gender.

Chicks giving daft names to stuff?? That's okay :)

Norfolk & Idea said:
There you go, 'my wife'

Any bloke that gives pet names to cars or bikes needs a good kick in knackers. To remind him of his gender.

Chicks giving daft names to stuff?? That's okay :)

Mine are 'it'. They are referred to as 'C2', 'C4', and turbo.
Westfield is 'The yellow peril', and the SL55 is known as 'Fiddy'.
CSL is either 'CSL' or 'Angry toilet'.
Names courtesy of my son...

MC

My brother called his CSL 'Cecil'.

My cars tend to get quite random gender neutral names, losely based on their reg nos;
My CLS is Boog, my XKR was Zongo.

I am amazed no-one has a "Porker"

I never liked the "Porsha " name so mines a "Porch"

Del.

I think that calling a car "she" is a bit naff, but each to their own. My car is simply known as "porky" in our house, neither male or female,it's a machine. I made the mistake of building my own "special" motorcycle, a resto/recreation job I'd always wanted to do. It took too long, nearly double the budget, and after all that I don't enjoy riding it!!. This bike is known as "b*stard"
:D

My 996 is known as Nigel. All started due to the private plate that was on the car when I bought it and has always stuck. I'm not 'in to' naming cars as such but sometimes it just happens.
Our family cayenne goes by the name honey. Named by my 5 year old daughter. Also honey is a dude apparently :dont know:

The other cars are currently nameless.

I always say either 'off owt int 911" or 'off owt int Porky Pie" in a thick Yorkshire accent, I would never call it male or female.

Mines deffo a bitch she gets pampered and ragged, i'm always eager to take her out,and her backside is stunning :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back