Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bon voyage 993

Ship supposedly sails tomorrow however I can't see how as it is still in Bremenhaven looking at the data online. The flights out there are 28th (24 days from now!!!!!!) :Dance-Tap:

tyinsky said:
I didn't know about that marine tracker. I will be checking that every day now! :grin:

And yes, RORO/roll on roll off shipping. Basically a huge boat where the hull is designed for carrying just cars (vehicles).

Ah OK. Mine was put in a container as I said before but that was the only option from Kuwait. I was able to put some personal effects in too which was a bonus.

If it's a RORO I don't see a bow door or is there a stern door :?: it looks to be tied up along side. I used to work on ferries, Dover Boulogne with P&O many years ago. After doing a dry dock up north, my car, a Datsun 260Z at the time was lifted onto the ferry by crane, boy, a scary operation, but all went well. When we got back to Dover I just drove it off... a lot less stressful :lol:

This will be the trip of a lifetime :thumb:

ATB :)

That's because it is sailing on the Olympian Highway :)
Looks like this...

olympian-highway_9757993_1882727_XLarge.jpg

Great pic and looking forward to updates once you're on your way. :thumb:

Will there be any issues with the differing grade of petrol available in the US... Additives required etc.?

C.

Your photos are epic mate.....and your trip even more so. Can't wait to follow how it goes :thumbs:

Respect :worship:

Fantastic photo. Thats one to be be framed and hung in your office or home/garage. All the best on your travels.

Or better still....above your fireplace.

tyinsky said:
Hopefully the ship doesn't sink.

wk4tub.jpg

Nice big ass vs. a super big bow :D

Didn't notice about the big road trip of yours until reading a thread in Rennlist. Have fun in the States! With the RHD 993 2S, you can definitely pick up some hot American girls like the Brit, Colin, in the movie "Love Actually". :grin:

Any particular preparation on the car before this big road trip you mind sharing?

Great pics Ty,

I'm loving the black and white version. 8)

Be sure to know your rights as some of those US police can be strange.

Check out this vid. Kid from Dubai on a road trip in his own car. Everything is totally legal but some of the cops just don't understand.
Don't get me wrong the kid has a slightly smug demeanour although he's at least polite to him but the cop is an ar$e.

https://youtu.be/Q1DCda5Cabo

I look forward to updates on your trip. Should be epic. :thumb:

Hadn't seen that, really useful – will make sure I have everything to hand and be well scripted to guide people through it if need be

Marky911 said:
Great pics Ty,

I'm loving the black and white version. 8)

Be sure to know your rights as some of those US police can be strange.

Check out this vid. Kid from Dubai on a road trip in his own car. Everything is totally legal but some of the cops just don't understand.
Don't get me wrong the kid has a slightly smug demeanour although he's at least polite to him but the cop is an ar$e.

https://youtu.be/Q1DCda5Cabo

I look forward to updates on your trip. Should be epic. :thumb:

The driver handled that redneck like he was an intelligent person. Big mistake, it could have ended badly for him.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansonslchang
Back