Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Targa 4 wheels - ET67 And Spacers

Hovis

Monza
Looking at some new wheels great deal and new rubber.

The carerra classic 19" that are on the car have a ET51 and I can see on most WB it's a ET of 50. The offset on the rears of these wheels I'm looking at is 67 which from reading is for a NB.

If I fit the ET 67 then the wheel will be 16mm further in than the current wheels.

Added to this the 19" wheels are 11" and running 295 but the current wheels are

I could fit 17 or with 295 tires maybe 18mm spacers. expect 20mm would result in rubbing.

Ideally I want to have the correct offset but read in a few places that some wheels come from the factory with 17mm spaces on (certainly some with 5mm) but have never rand them before and would only buy some thing like hub centric or another TUV approved spacer.

You hear some stories about issues and not good for bearings but really want experienced input on this type of setup.

Thanks in advance.

Re: 997.1 Targa 4 wheels - the old offset questio

Hovis said:
Looking at some new wheels great deal and new rubber.

The carerra classic 19" that are on the car have a ET51 and I can see on most WB it's a ET of 50. The offset on the rears of these wheels I'm looking at is 67 which from reading is for a NB.

If I fit the ET 67 then the wheel will be 16mm further in than the current wheels.

Added to this the 19" wheels are 11" and running 295 but the current wheels are

I could fit 17 or with 295 tires maybe 18mm spacers. expect 20mm would result in rubbing.

Ideally I want to have the correct offset but read in a few places that some wheels come from the factory with 17mm spaces on (certainly some with 5mm) but have never rand them before and would only buy some thing like hub centric or another TUV approved spacer.

You hear some stories about issues and not good for bearings but really want experienced input on this type of setup.

Thanks in advance.

I would buy the right wheels - those are big spacers. Lots of people run them without a problem but others have had vibrations that are hard to eliminate.

so, hoping I've not shot my self int eh foot as despite the seller claiming he took them off a WB the ET is 67 on these wheels.

They are what I was after and mint with almost brand new Pilot sport 2 N2 all round.

Think I've read most of the internet on spacers now but bottom line is 15mm spacer takes me to ET52 and running ET 51 at the minute.

I know its a touchy subject but is there any issue in fitting the NB wheels with spacers to the WB?

spacers to the native off set I can't see being an issue or could go with say 18mm TUV hub centric from H&R or Eibach just to sill them out a little more as the tyres on the rears are 295 11 x 9.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back