Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Holding deposit made on YJ05 FLN Yellow 997.1 S

As above video shows, rod bearing wear at 76k miles, even if you ignore the borescoring problem.

Obviously there is always going to be some nutcase that has driven cross country through america and done 10s of thousands of miles at 60mph.

Poker2009 said:
As above video shows, rod bearing wear at 76k miles, even if you ignore the borescoring problem.

Obviously there is always going to be some nutcase that has driven cross country through america and done 10s of thousands of miles at 60mph.
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-for...-cars-please-post-if-you-re-100k-miles-5.html

The 200k mile car was a 997.1 :floor:
There is even a pic of an older car with 370k. :floor:
Best sell your car before it hits 60k before the engine goes soft

I hope it doesn't, but if my engine breaks tomorrow, I will have to have it fixed.

I have been talking up the low miles for years YKIMS...,

I've just bought mine with 54k miles, and it's had the engine rebuilt due to bore score, so not only high mile cars suffer from it.

Low miles really does not make a difference I am afraid. The C4S I owned had just 25K when I bought it and it had scored bores.
Before buying that I test drove two other cars both with under 30K and one of them also had had it.

Some of the american sites seem to infer that borescoring can be caused by deteriorated fuel or deteriorated oil so low mileage could in some cases be more susceptible i am no expert however. They seem to think the injectors when unused or with Age perform poorly leaving unburnt fuel which enters the oil and ethanol etc breaks down the cylinder coating obviously the hotter cylinders catalyst this but they are always the first to go, they also state the factory tolerances can be a big cause these points seem different to most of the theories i have read on UK forums which state it is poor coolant circulation?

When it comes to borescoring, there is Baz from Hartech, and the Flat Earth Society.....stick with Hartechs contributions as your baseline and you won't go far wrong

Just shows what Cowboys they are. :nooo:

I think I'll just give them a call on Tuesday to make them aware and see what their view is on this , but I can't say I'm particularly impressed ...certainly not from a main dealer

.......and the Turbo I wanted to view is less than desirable so I've since found out :nooo:

Alex said:
.......and the Turbo I wanted to view is less than desirable so I've since found out :nooo:

Pray tell ?

I've had a previous owner contact me about it been written off in the past. Although it's not showing on the register.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back