Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which bushes?

NedHan79

Mot's up at the end of June. I need brake pipes, aos, clutch and a few other bits so I'm going to pull the engine and box and sort anything else that needs doing. I'm going to strip the suspension to sort a lot of worn bushes. I've decided to stick with the m030 shocks for now as they seem to work fine and I don't have the budget now for new stuff.

The big question is, and I'm sure it's been asked here countless times is, standard or polybush?
I might completely re-do the rear. I'm lowered so will need to look at adjustable toe arms.
Has anyone any idea of cost comparisons for standard vs poly?
I want as much feel as possible from the car and might go down the coil over route at some stage.
But I don't want it brutally hard. The odd track day is a possibility but more Irish back roads on the weekend would be the norm. I want to start gathering parts so keen to find out

I'm thinking of just getting new Meyle arms for the front but could be persuaded to poly bush it very easily as it's cheaper.

As usual, all advice welcome

If you're going Polybush, consider Spyder as well.

Spyder (I think it's a trading name of ePorsche but someone please correct me if I'm wrong) sell ready poly-bushed arms on eBay. I had them in my watch list but can't find them now. IIRC it was about £500 for everything. Seemed like the best most straightforward option to me.

Anyone got a link?

I think the bush issue has been solved but check them out.

I bought a full set of arms (inc tuning forks) but not the poly bush versions. They're fine and CG were very happy to fit them.

Dean is a good guy to deal with too. No links to them, just a happy customer.

Mike

I'm more than happy to change the bushes myself as I'll have it all out anyway. I was more thinking about changing all the bushes in the rear. Think I saw a kit with all of them poly for around £600 iirc. Maybe that was just for the rear.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back