Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S / Turbo / 40AE Fan resistor change

steve r

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi,

It looks like the radiator fans aren't working on the low speed on my 40AE, the high speed is fine so I think I need too change the resistors. These are different on the C4S / Turbo / 40AE to the standard Carrera ones that can have alternatives spliced in.

Is there a similar alternative for these resistors or is it genuine parts only?

Thanks

NFBgFLf.jpg

I have to admit .. i've never changed one of these so i can only assume they are pretty reliable ..

i would think its porsche parts only ..

I had a route around and found a wiring diagram if its of any help , its from a Turbo but as close as i can find to this system .. i'm pretty sure they are the same ...

Attachments

• fans_1_201.jpg
    fans_1_201.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 857
Thanks for the reply and for the wiring diagram. It confirms what i'd read today that the Turbo fans have 3 speeds rather than the 2 of the Carrera.

I'm now not 100% that I have a fault as I only assumed I did due to playing with my Durametric and nothing happening when I clicked on the low speed activation option, the fans activated when I clicked on the high speed option though. It's possible that the durametric can't activate the 3 speeds of the turbo fans, i'll try to have another go this weekend. I can always make up a jumper wire to test the speeds with each relay removed.

I think you're right about these being more robust as theres very little info online about them going wrong when compared to the Carrera resistors.

To be honest .. i don't think you have a fault .. even with the tester i use .. not cheap ones then activations of items are a bit hit and miss .. and i use the Porsche system testers as well .

if the higher speed works then you don't really have a problem as such .. the car can cool if needed and as i said i've not had a problem with these as of yet so its leaning towards a tester fault and not the car i would guess at .

Can't you test the low speed operation by switching the air con on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back