Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How much would you expect to get off a 991.1 on for 57k

It's all supply/demand.

If you get the dealer at the right time where they are under pressure to reduce their stock, a deal is to be had, whatever the car is.

Some gentle open questions with the sales guy can usually bring a few nuggets which may give a good indication on their current financial status/targets...

Thanks for all the replies... I'm going to watch. For 2/3 weeks there are several I like and I've waited 20 odd yeRs so no rush lol

With no part-ex - you are worth money to them but their ideal scenario is no part-ex AND Finance - obviously - because they make additional commission on that. One trick is to take out the finance (because they think they're going to make loads of extra commission and discount the car more heavily to get your business). Then pay it all off inside the 14 day cooling off period!

However, like others on here have said, you can negotiate and I would either start with a more reasonable 7.5% off (assuming the car is perfect and nothing is wrong or needs fixing) or ask them what they would be willing to accept - point blank. If you get 5% (or more) from an OPC at this price level - then IMHO you're doing well but they generally have the most margin to play with anyway.

Sometimes it's just about being nice while playing the sporting game of brinksmanship - other times it's about finding the triggers. Too much stock on the forecourt. Cars that haven't shifted. Figures not so good nearing month end / quarter end is always good for discount. :grin:

One-off the cars I like has just had the price put up! It now shows as £2000 more on the dealers website and Pistonheads...
Very odd

Interesting thread. All dealers will say no discount, they normally win because the head rules the heart for most buyers. IMHO there's always a healthy discount though, just that there isn't too much choice at the moment. The predicted crash certainly didn't happen it's gone the other way if anything.

Can't remember seeing a reasonably priced 991.1 at any dealer, it's so popular right now they are inflating normal retail prices, good for existing owners, not so good for buyers...

I took the plunge in November, wasn't expecting to buy it then but the right spec / price car came up and it was my 50th! and I had done the man maths.

Part exchanged my Boxster S, non OPC route which was a risk but managed to get a further £1k off the cost to change but most importantly the dealer agreed to supply and fit new pads and discs all round.

Put it through the 111 check in December, thankfully it sailed through and I have just had Surrey Detailing spend 4 days correcting the paint and ceramic coating it. A couple of stone chips as the car is almost 7 years old which until my OCD takes over I can live with.

I was looking for ages - and in my experience you will get something off but not fortunes. Prices seem to have held up if not risen a little since November.

It was my ideal colour (black) and had the spec I wanted : PSE (essential) , Chrono, Bose, PDK, also had a sunroof which wasn't on my must haves but I quite like it now. Only thing missing was sport design wheel but I can always retro fit that. I think as others have said there is always a compromise.

33,000 Miles and only 2 previous owners. All I can say is it is the best car by far I have ever owned and I now have a sorted car with the peace of mind of a 2 year OPC warranty.[/img]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back