Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche factory and museum advice?

segart

Hi folks i am in Germany in June and will have time spare for a visit to the factory and museum. Can i just turn up for this, or do i need to book? Also do i get anything for being a pcgb member?
Cheers
Rick

I'm fairly sure it was free entry for pcgb members and yes you need to book.

segart said:
Hi folks i am in Germany in June and will have time spare for a visit to the factory and museum. Can i just turn up for this, or do i need to book? Also do i get anything for being a pcgb member?
Cheers
Rick

https://www.porsche.com/museum/en/kontakt/

Last time I took the factory tour there was no fee but you do need to book in advance.
The not unreasonable cost for the museum visit was made even more reasonable on production of one's Porsche V5, not sure if this is still the same.

Excellent thanks. And we all get up too early!
Rick

Literally just visited (last weekend). What a brilliant time we had.
Factory tour was amazing and the museum was equally as good.
As others have said book in advance. If you're a pcgb member you can get them to book it for you. You do pay now but is not expensive by any means and it's discounted for pcgb. Two of us went and I think after the discount entry was about €20 for both so really cheap.

If you get the opportunity try the restaurant (top of museum).
Lovely place...Good views of factory and great steak.
This however isn't cheap though but great for a special occasion.

We'll go again soon !
Enjoy it :thumbs:

Definitely book the tour in advance as others have said. It gets booked up months in advance. And check they are open. The factory shutdown occurs every summer for workers holiday and maintenance on the lines.

Something new to try is http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1477618#1477618

Museum and restaurant closed on Mondays but factory tours still operate.

Museum no longer accessible from the restaurant after hours.

Group of us there this week, stayed at the V8 hotel in Bà¶blingen :thumb:

Mercedes museum well worth fitting in as well.

Just back from this trip and yes what a great day out. Museum entry is a bargain 6 euros i think with a pcgb card, and factory tour about the same. Both were really quite staggering and must rate as a must see if you get the chance. I drove to Zuffenhausen in my c2s and as an aside what a pleasure it is to drive at significant 3 figure speeds without nervously looking out for police cars and cameras. The Germans are generally good drivers and the autobahns feel much safer than France for example, with minimal tailgating/bad habits, in spite of no speed limits.
Cheers
Rick

I emailed them this week - Unfortunately, we do not offer factory tours from 13. July 2019 to 9. September 2019. In this period the factory is closed due to our plant holidays.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back