Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Zenith Blue C4 993 - now mine :-)

Pictures Inc touching in some scrapes (not as good as respray but I wouldn't expect for that)

They've attached in reverse order for some reason. The top photos are post reassembly

Attachments

• img_0669_resize_99_998.jpg
    img_0669_resize_99_998.jpg
    358.6 KB · Views: 3,366
  • img_0661_resize_50_101.jpg
    img_0661_resize_50_101.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 3,366
  • img_0659_resize_94_118.jpg
    img_0659_resize_94_118.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 3,366
  • img_0660_resize_96_137.jpg
    img_0660_resize_96_137.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 3,366
  • img_0632_1_resize_32_149.jpg
    img_0632_1_resize_32_149.jpg
    299.6 KB · Views: 3,366
  • img_0633_resize_94_831.jpg
    img_0633_resize_94_831.jpg
    353.2 KB · Views: 3,366
  • img_8265_161.jpg
    img_8265_161.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 3,366
  • img_0672_resize_7_172.jpg
    img_0672_resize_7_172.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 3,366
scabs

The bottom edge of front wings where they meet the bumper look quite scabby.They could probably do with a sandblast and paint.

Re: scabs

stichill99 said:
The bottom edge of front wings where they meet the bumper look quite scabby.They could probably do with a sandblast and paint.

Yeah. Those was to put my mind at ease structurally and the chip coating because it had been done b4 but with bumper on. Didn't think I'd be able to negotiate as I saw more. On balance got to see more up front probably than a ppi.

Luddite said:
Interesting...,.
My old car was as perfect

@luddite.. basically went through the jackals list like a checklist.

P.s. is that a Morgan?

Good set of pics, nothing really jumps out at me. Fine looking machine.

:thumb:

Yup old +8 Morgan.

:dance: :thumb:

Mine now

Hi

Mine now and first drives done.

First observation= right purchase. Oil pressure nice and high and engine right (to my informed layman's opinion). Suspension settles well, which surprised me with OE style shocks.

Questions=
1) Oil temperature does it's up and then down thing before it settles once up to temperature. But it settles quite low at 1/4 when driving around. It was cooler last night and of course no traffic.
(Update: daytime and traffic raised temp and I could hear the fan kicking in at appropriate times like on the first test drives)

Niggles=
A) I think they've dislodged an earth for the backlight for the oil pressure/temperature when 'cleaning the contacts for the gauge itself)

B) As predicated by previous owner the OE CD player makes occasional noise like trying to load a disc even when turned off and display is dark. Actually putting a disc in sorted that out both when playing and not. So that's taken care of - I don't think previous owner mentioned that it could be fixed so easily.

C) I'd agreed a full tank of petrol. Arrived with quarter.

That's it. 😁

hopeydaze said:
Crawford's has another 993 C4 for sale. The new ones in Arena Red and looks good in the photos. Too cheap so far as I'm concerned at 85k miles and under £50k.

That C4 looks nice. Why do you say it's too cheap - do you just mean "it's a bargain"?

crypticc said:

The rubber seals lookin uneven turned out to be that clearly someone had leant on the them. I just pulled them onto the seams sorted that out.

It was a bit of a dilemma this morning though after fetching the car from the garage... Big car or little car

Attachments

• img_20190504_123041_659.jpg
    img_20190504_123041_659.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,033
Counter Of Beans said:
hopeydaze said:
Crawford's has another 993 C4 for sale. The new ones in Arena Red and looks good in the photos. Too cheap so far as I'm concerned at 85k miles and under £50k.

That C4 looks nice. Why do you say it's too cheap - do you just mean "it's a bargain"?

Look at the photos more closely. ;-). It's an honest car and honestly presented but wasn't for me.

P.s. I updated my OP as link started to point to this arena one.

petrol

A quarter tank of petrol you say, I would have been happy with that,when mine was delivered I took it out and 1 mile down the road the fuel light came on! 3 miles down the road the brake pad wear indicator light came on!

crypticc, Congrats on your "new" Porsche... Boy would I be pleased to have it in MY garage..(-: It would appear you have done all and more that could be thought of as due dilligence relative to it`s purchase, all you need to do do now is derive as much enjoyment as seems possible during your ownership.... In your list of niggles I would be surprised if the oil pressure/temp gauge terminals would need cleaning at the dashboard end of things as any dirty termination would seem far more likely at the engine end of things, though it also seems logical that they may have had the gauge out to carry out checks..? I would think that if I had just bought a vehicle of that age, I might expect some gremlins to show up and if the only gremlin was down to an item of ICE equipment, I would be a happy chappie indeed.... ENJOY crypticc ENJOY :thumbs: :thumbs:

Luddite said:
crypticc, Congrats on your "new" Porsche... Boy would I be pleased to have it in MY garage..(-: It would appear you have done all and more that could be thought of as due dilligence relative to it`s purchase, all you need to do do now is derive as much enjoyment as seems possible during your ownership.... In your list of niggles I would be surprised if the oil pressure/temp gauge terminals would need cleaning at the dashboard end of things as any dirty termination would seem far more likely at the engine end of things, though it also seems logical that they may have had the gauge out to carry out checks..? I would think that if I had just bought a vehicle of that age, I might expect some gremlins to show up and if the only gremlin was down to an item of ICE equipment, I would be a happy chappie indeed.... ENJOY crypticc ENJOY :thumbs: :thumbs:

Yeah. Good 200 mile round trip today. (Significant fraction of previous few owners annual mileage) and the Engine didn't miss a beat, if anything getting better as the miles added. Once up to speed and cruising oil pressure a solid 4.5 but mostly 5 all the way until coming back down to urban traffic. Temp also planted firmly on rhe first dot (1/3rd) temperature more or less all the way. Thermostat on Aircon I think is a fine art but manages both toasty hot and super cold when requested at the extremes, but not too subtle in the middle. Reading 993 companion further now I'm home it seems 0 fanspeed is the fully automatic/mixing mode I should've been using and whacking fan up doesn't guarantee hotter air unless you also manually increase the temperature dial.

crypticc said:
Luddite said:

Yeah. Good 200 mile round trip today. (Significant fraction of previous few owners annual mileage) and the Engine didn't miss a beat, if anything getting better as the miles added. Once up to speed and cruising oil pressure a solid 4.5 but mostly 5 all the way until coming back down to urban traffic. Temp also planted firmly on rhe first dot (1/3rd) temperature more or less all the way. Thermostat on Aircon I think is a fine art but manages both toasty hot and super cold when requested at the extremes, but not too subtle in the middle. Reading 993 companion further now I'm home it seems 0 fanspeed is the fully automatic/mixing mode I should've been using and whacking fan up doesn't guarantee hotter air unless you also manually increase the temperature dial.

I wasn't aware 0 on the ccu was a variable speed function, can anyone else confirm this as i thought I knew most things about my car after 10 years but would be nice to find something new :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back