Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DIY ARB Adjustable Drop Links - UPDATE

I do a lot of work for a guy who maintains race cars. He uses hardened steel rose joints (I have a link somewhere to the website that sells them). He claims they wipe the floor with any other rose joints he's used on cars and virtually never wear out.

Sounds good Alex. It's another thing on the to do list but at least I've started to order bits.

Like your new picture btw :thumb:

Still going strong - bit harsh when compared to standard but they are rose jointed after all!.

NedHan79 said:
Like your new picture btw :thumb:
Thank you kind sir. Snapped it outside my local ALDI on Wednesday night after doing a few power slides round the car park with the PSM off. :thumb:

Does anyone know the lengths needed or are these not possible to be used on the standard suspension?

Looking online the standard rears are only 100mm long in total so all of these options would be way too long. Fronts are 200mm as standard I believe too so again to short for these solutions.

Really like the idea of DIY making some for a small fun project and a sense of achievement.

Alex said:
I do a lot of work for a guy who maintains race cars. He uses hardened steel rose joints (I have a link somewhere to the website that sells them). He claims they wipe the floor with any other rose joints he's used on cars and virtually never wear out.

Interested, if you can find the link :popcorn:

Kbald said:
Does anyone know the lengths needed or are these not possible to be used on the standard suspension?

Looking online the standard rears are only 100mm long in total so all of these options would be way too long. Fronts are 200mm as standard I believe too so again to short for these solutions.

Really like the idea of DIY making some for a small fun project and a sense of achievement.

Buy a pair of these :

http://www.mcgillmotorsport.com/m8-turnbuckle-link-nuts-adjustment-110mm-140mm-linkage-8mm-534/

and get your local machine shop to machine them down to the required length, then re-drill and re-tap them M8.

JTT said:
Alex said:

Interested, if you can find the link :popcorn:

The OP bought 4 cheap items for £24 back in 2014, in my experience their life expectancy wouldn't be long.
I'm not convinced about the benefits of using the rubber boots in UK weathered either, they seem to hold condensation in and cause massive corrosion issues if my experiences are anything to go by.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back