Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Steering wheel change options

stuttgartmetal said:
The 996 three spoke is just trying too hard.

You're shi!!ing me right...? It's actually less fussy than the OEM 4 Spoke and way more suited to a sports car.

C.

So I changed over my classic grey 4 spoke for the later model/996 3 spoke in black. Unfortunately I fell foul of rounding one of the two torx bolts on the original 4 spoke and to get purchase and finally remove the air bag the whole job turned in to a 3 hour job. Once off I had the new wheel on and test driven in 15 minutes. I have to say it is slightly smaller which helps but also cosmetically the contrasting black looks better and the extra view of the dials welcome.

Cheers for everyone's help as ever.

Ian

stuttgartmetal said:
The 996 three spoke is just trying too hard.
I wanna 996
No true 993er would want this wheel.

Go Atiwe/RS

A bit costly
But so good.
Love this wheel so much I bought 2.

Attachments

• cs_wheel_280.jpg
    cs_wheel_280.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 3,317
Croydon said:
So I changed over my classic grey 4 spoke for the later model/996 3 spoke in black. Unfortunately I fell foul of rounding one of the two torx bolts on the original 4 spoke and to get purchase and finally remove the air bag the whole job turned in to a 3 hour job. Once off I had the new wheel on and test driven in 15 minutes. I have to say it is slightly smaller which helps but also cosmetically the contrasting black looks better and the extra view of the dials welcome.

Cheers for everyone's help as ever.

Ian

I had the rim of mine thickened a bit when it was retrimmed, think it works really well.

Atiwe/RS
The whole kit was bought from Matt@type911.
Including the cowl.
The swap is a piece of cake.
Including the airbag fool/delete.

I bought a period Nardi wheel about a year ago but never got around to fitting it. Maybe a project for this summer.

Steering wheels are an important item - best to get it right for what suits you. I liked the original wheel and would not use a non-airbag wheel, so got my original wheel re-trimmed by Royal, thickened and the thumb rests added. Loved it so much I was forced to buy a new gear gaiter/knob to match (not pictured). Biggest two touch points - go for whatever you like.

Attachments

• 20151027_130411_208.jpg
    20151027_130411_208.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 1,344
Tobesetc said:
Steering wheels are an important item - best to get it right for what suits you. I liked the original wheel and would not use a non-airbag wheel, so got my original wheel re-trimmed by Royal, thickened and the thumb rests added. Loved it so much I was forced to buy a new gear gaiter/knob to match (not pictured). Biggest two touch points - go for whatever you like.

Thread chnges name to "Gear nob change option? "

Where did you get the gaiter/gear nob? curently running a worn boggo classic grey one. in fact anyone does anyone slese have any ideas of a direct fit aftermarket, the RS one looks to plastic (because it is) and I dont want to go too crest heavy as the 3 spoke already has one.

Ian

I got the standard C4 item from Design911. Lovely! :)

Attachments

• 20160904_110640_152.jpg
    20160904_110640_152.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,322
Tobesetc said:

Think this looks great and 100% that it's totally subjective based on how it looks to you and how it feels :thumb:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back