Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche classic service

I think a bit of clarification is needed .... the Porsche Classic centres are different to the Porsche Classic register. There are currently only 4 OPCs that have Porsche Classic accreditation; Glasgow, Hatfield, Leeds and Swindon. This capability is anything from minor servicing all the way through to full restoration. The Porsche Classic register is a bit like a club. To be eligible you need to have a classic car (996s now fall into category) and have an invoice for some work (any work) from any OPC. The benefits of being in the club are as described 15% off parts, valets, catalogue, key ring etc. and membership lasts for one year. Towards the end of the year you'll have to have more servicing/work done in order to renew the membership for the following year etc. It is not possible to get the benefits of the Porsche Classic register without having had work done at an OPC, which is a bit of a shame should one inadvertently forget ... :duh:

Biovox said:
I think a bit of clarification is needed .... the Porsche Classic centres are different to the Porsche Classic register. There are currently only 4 OPCs that have Porsche Classic accreditation; Glasgow, Hatfield, Leeds and Swindon. This capability is anything from minor servicing all the way through to full restoration. The Porsche Classic register is a bit like a club. To be eligible you need to have a classic car (996s now fall into category) and have an invoice for some work (any work) from any OPC. The benefits of being in the club are as described 15% off parts, valets, catalogue, key ring etc. and membership lasts for one year. Towards the end of the year you'll have to have more servicing/work done in order to renew the membership for the following year etc. It is not possible to get the benefits of the Porsche Classic register without having had work done at an OPC, which is a bit of a shame should one inadvertently forget ... :duh:

Hello Biovox - useful clarification. In addition to the points you mention, I think there is Classic Fixed price Servicing....
1) Classic Servicing - Fixed price servicing (much cheaper than if you just phone the dealer with your 996) offered by some OPCs, for older cars (https://www.porsche.com/uk/accessoriesandservice/classic/oilservice/)
2) Porsche Classic Partners - as described above, a Porsche approved restoration/servicing centre - not linked to item 1
3) Porsche Classic register - as described above - a 'club' of sorts

Biovox, have you had much benefit from being a member? Based on what I have read, I wouldnt go and spend money at an OPC, purely to qualify for the register....

Yes, I'd agree it's not worth going to an OPC for work specifically to join the 'club' unless ofc you know you've got some upcoming work and want the parts discount. For me it was really just a bonus as I usually use the OPC for my servicing. I have a nice collection of key rings and parts catalogs but I don't trust others to wash my car so never took advantage of those aspects.

I always get somewhere between 10 and 20% parts discount at my OPC just for asking, I guess it depends on the margin of the parts I'm buying.

I've never darkened their doorway for anything else, and I'm not a member of any club or register. In fact some times they have posted small parts out to me for free too.

Wasz.....I think you obviously have the gift of the gab....I have managed 10% claiming membership of PCGB. So 15% will be a step up for me.

As Wasz says, it is very variable. My experience is the same.

MC

I had a "Classic" service by OPC Glasgow, got on the Classic register and I get the 15% parts discount but have to remind them on each occasion I purchase parts. I have enjoyed a 718 Boxster, a 718 Cayman and a 718 Boxster S as courtesy cars when my 996 has been having other work carried out.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkey
Back