Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.1 S x51 Aerokit, guards red.

r21

Hi,
Well now I've actually gone and bought a Porsche (we'll deposit paid and finance signed) i thought I'd share what I've bought and some ideas I have for it

Firstly some all important pictures of it at the dealers, I'd also like to say the dealer has been very helpful and so far I'd have no hesitation in recommending them.

40745645793_a69531718d_z.jpg

40745645723_67eec67878_z.jpg

40745645703_a2b09e846f_z.jpg

40745645763_76f03cb78f_z.jpg

40745645713_cea30638e4_z.jpg

Specification

Guards Red
Black Full Leather
Aerokit – 'Porsche Exclusive'
Powerkit – 'Porsche Exclusive'
Heated Seats
Bluetooth Telephone Module
Interior Lighting Package
Rear Parking Assistance
Folding Mirrors
Sports Steering Wheel with Paddle Shift
Instrument Dials in Guards Red
20"³ Carrera S Wheels in Black
5mm Wheel Spacers
Guards Red Seat Belts

Although I really like the car, at the moment it's a bit too red and needs more contrast so I'm considering some of the following ideas to break up the red

These aren't in order of preference it's just a list of possibilities and I'm very unlikely to do them all...

Vinyl wrap gloss black roof
Vinyl wrap gloss black engine grille
Vinyl wrap carbon wing
Vinyl wrap wing mirrors black gloss

Tint rear window
Tint side windows

Porsche side decal
Carrera S side decal

Remove 911 designation from rear

Zunsport grilles in front spoiler

Replace engine grille with GTS or 50th anniversary grille, not sure about brake light though with ducktail. Shame the 991.2 grille doesn't fit it's much better imo.

The interior is pretty much how I'd like it with exception of red dials, not an option I'd have chosen.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

A real beauty, about time he was snapped up. Your red problem is similair to my yellow problem. Id certainly go with the black gloss mirrors, and possibly the roof OR just the mirrors and side decals.

Regarding the rear, just PORSCHE looks just right (IMHO)

Old

New

Very nice :thumbs:

Drive and enjoy. :thumb:

Nice! Red and Yellow are rare . I like them

Congrats OP - it needed to go to a good home!

spongebob squarepants said:
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

A real beauty, about time he was snapped up. Your red problem is similair to my yellow problem. Id certainly go with the black gloss mirrors, and possibly the roof OR just the mirrors and side decals.

Regarding the rear, just PORSCHE looks just right (IMHO)

Old

New

Hadn't even noticed it until you pointed it out I was trying to stick to sub 60k but with a bit of haggling and a good residual it was in budget.

Porsche on its own is definitely better imo so much cleaner!

There's a red one with very similar spec on YouTube with a panaromic roof and it looks so much better with that contrast and best thing about wrapping it, if you don't like it I can take it off might even try it myself since it's such a flat area.

Your yellow one is really nice, the bright colours look so good. I'd love a Miami blue in the future

Not sure it's a 'he" though I'll decide once I drive it, the kids normally pick the names of the cars!

T8 said:
Very nice :thumbs:

Drive and enjoy. :thumb:

Thanks, I'm looking forward to it being delivered, hopefully get to Porsche on the prom on the 18th next month

Slayer said:
Nice! Red and Yellow are rare . I like them

Thanks, certainly not many of them about but both great colours

Did you take a test drive? If so what were your thoughts?

No, I've driven the 991 S before but not with the Powerkit so it will be interesting to see the difference

WOW :eek:

Black roof for me 8)

P&D is the ex Porsche chap, MK based, heard lots of good things about them :thumb:

Congratulations r21, very nice :worship: :worship:

Colourwise, have you thought about a 991.1 GT RS colour combination? That could look really good - Black carbon wrap bonnet, mirrors and spoiler plus fit a carbon splitter OR you could go with Grey carbon wrap instead.

Just a thought :)

HSC911 said:
WOW :eek:

Black roof for me 8)

P&D is the ex Porsche chap, MK based, heard lots of good things about them :thumb:

Black roof does look good, think it's an option I'm leaning too most out of everything I'm thinking about.

Robin at P&D has been great so far, open honest and no pressure.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back