Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Targa 4 - smiles & frowns - loose heat shield.

Cheers JB. Definitely roof down when ever possible, the kids love it in the back too.

Yours looks great. Love the seal grey as was on my list. This one came up locally and got a good price. Had it all serviced, belts, Tip box and brakes.

Do you have ceramic brakes?

Hadn't driven the car in about a week and the battery was dead again.

Ordered a Bosch s5 007 to replace the s4 007 in there.

Looking now maybe should have gone for the s5 010 for larger capacity capacity.

Any thought idea on this see people have a s5 007 and 010?

Also any tips on fitting? I see some saying put key in position 1 others say just disconnect the fitting clamp then negative and the positive.

PSM failure might show but drive straight for a bit.

997 and you don't need the key in the ignition .. you can have it position one if you want but unnecessary to have the dash lights on .

undo the neg terminal first then the pos , on refitting then pos first THEN neg .

Undo the clamp .

Unplug the breather pipe if fitted .

Put a towel in the boot and another in front of the battery on the plastic paneling.

Climb in and lift the battery onto the towel .. then its easier to lift it out of the car rather than leaning over the wing .. that will just hurt your back !

After fitting , get in and close the doors ..

Close each window and hold the window in the up position for 5 seconds to reset the position for one touch to work .

Drive over 6 mph and the psm light will go out and not return .

Is it actually a battery fault or something discharging the battery is the question though .. need an amp meter to check that .. instructions if needed for that check .. let me know .

As ever deMort help of the highest calibre!

S4 007 is what's in a s S5 007 going in. Though should have probably put the 010 in as it's the bigger 315mm one. Europarys delivered it in about 2 hours.

I think when I left the car in position 1 for about 6 hours I drained the battery fully and though charged it back up over about 36 hours to 100% not sure it fully recovered.

I managed to charge it to get it to 25% and then took it out for a run but didn't spring to life.

Not sure if there is a drain as couldn't see anything on. I've hit a multimeter if there's anything I should be checking to make sure I don't have some kinda drain.

Thanks again deMort.

Battery in, windows re-set, PSM light out and hoping it's good to go.

See how it goes with the new battery .. we can go in depth if needed ref a discharge but it may well just be a battery .. i tend to cover all bases btw :)

I've seen anything from 680 to 800 on batterys in these and they all do the job just fine .. a bigger battery just means a larger capacity .. as long as its 80 amp hr then it will be fine .. 70 is for low spec cars but again would do the job .. just a little on the small side .

Hoping will be ok.

It's Bosch S5 Battery (Car Battery 100 (74Ah) 5 Year Guarantee)Product Code: 444771008

Maybe should have had the 84Ah

Done now though and will keep an eye on it.

Parked up today and let the kids jump out whilst had engine running.

Bitter a metalicy rattle from the rear drivers side near to the wheel arch.

Fairly high pitched rattle that sounds like exhaust resonance. Could hear it a little whilst driving but didn't sound engine related more of a rattle like some thing was loose.

Looking on the web seems could be a loose lambs sensor or silencer.

Going to drop it in to local indie see if he can put it on the ramp to take a look but welcome any thoughts and can post up audio sample later if any help.

Investigation in the light reveals loose heat shield.

Under the rear can see its corroded around the mount. Speed but looks like it will need some persuasion as thinking I can add a larger washer to hold it in place until it's next in the garage

Apart from the rear mount near the exhaust are there any others?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back