Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 Midnight Blue GTS

findtom

Hello all,

Long time no see... Just moved back from the UAE and thought I would treat myself to a new 911. I was planning to buy a 992 but, by the time I added the spec I wanted, it quickly got out of control to over £125k! So I plan to wait out for the 992 GTS.

In the mean time, I picked up this new 991.2 GTS at a nice discount.

Hope to see you at one of the meets soon.

Tom

Attachments

• 9912_gts_849.jpg
    9912_gts_849.jpg
    476.4 KB · Views: 6,281
Lovely car in midnight blue :thumb:

Great colour choice! Really suits the car and comes alive in the sunshine .....
:wink:

Thanks very much. Yep, I think this has replaced Agate as my favourite colour.

It will do until the new 992GTS arrives....

Attachments

• side_9912_gts_522.jpg
    side_9912_gts_522.jpg
    644.9 KB · Views: 6,067
  • inside_9912gts_165.jpg
    inside_9912gts_165.jpg
    540.4 KB · Views: 6,067
findtom said:
Thanks very much. Yep, I think this has replaced Agate as my favourite colour.

Oh the hardship of having to suffer that until the 992 GTS comes out! *wipes brow* How will one cope??? :wack:

Mad Mark911 said:
findtom said:

Oh the hardship of having to suffer that until the 992 GTS comes out! *wipes brow* How will one cope??? :wack:

I know right?

All joking aside, this is quite the upgrade from my 991.1. It feels a lot faster, if only it was a bit louder.....

Thats a thing of beauty. That's got me excited, I pick mine up tomorrow from storage for 4 days. Wish the weather was going to be the same as last weekend, but I guess that'd be asking for too much. Got quite a few drives planned though, and expect to put another 600 or so miles on it. Can't wait... :grin:

findtom said:
Mad Mark911 said:
findtom said:

I know right?

All joking aside, this is quite the upgrade from my 991.1. It feels a lot faster, if only it was a bit louder.....

Fabulous car but that's the point the 991.1 has more oomph & sound 3.8 aside to a 3.0 I love them all but my choice would be a 991.1 GTS whilst waiting for a 992 only an opinion, great colour though.

Yes great car, some very serious power. I would guess it would give a 991.1 a run for its money in terms of power deliver on a track. However, it is not in any way a match for the noise and low speed thrill of a 991.1.

I have now set about figuring out how I get more noise out of the engine and have started to look at a Remus back box. I am hopeful this will give it a little of extra noise!

Other than that, its an epic car!

However, it is not in any way a match for the noise and low speed thrill of a 991.1.

How so? Be interested to hear your comparison between the NA .1 and the Turbo .2 engines.

911_AS said:
However, it is not in any way a match for the noise and low speed thrill of a 991.1.

How so? Be interested to hear your comparison between the NA .1 and the Turbo .2 engines.

That is a great question. There are two things for me really, the noise and how fast you need to go to enjoy the experience. The NA engine is just amazing, the noise, the vibrations, the overall feel. The 991.2 is no doubt faster than the 991.1 but you get the fun factor much higher up the rev range and, as a result you hit legal limits much sooner. I just think that you might have more fun in the 991.1 because it's a bit slower. Objectively the 991.2 is a better car, it has some great design touches, the update the look, the gear box feels a little faster, the telematics are a little better and as I said, it is crazy fast. But early on, (and I have only had it 2 months) it hasn't worked its magic yet like my 991.1GTS did.

That said, it requires a very slightly different style of driving to an NA car. You need to keep revs high if you want the pickup from the engine.

Let's see what a change of back box will bring, the Remus has some good reviews...

findtom said:
911_AS said:

That is a great question. There are two things for me really, the noise and how fast you need to go to enjoy the experience. The NA engine is just amazing, the noise, the vibrations, the overall feel. The 991.2 is no doubt faster than the 991.1 but you get the fun factor much higher up the rev range and, as a result you hit legal limits much sooner. I just think that you might have more fun in the 991.1 because it's a bit slower. Objectively the 991.2 is a better car, it has some great design touches, the update the look, the gear box feels a little faster, the telematics are a little better and as I said, it is crazy fast. But early on, (and I have only had it 2 months) it hasn't worked its magic yet like my 991.1GTS did.

That said, it requires a very slightly different style of driving to an NA car. You need to keep revs high if you want the pickup from the engine.

Let's see what a change of back box will bring, the Remus has some good reviews...

Actually, when you look at the figures there is little in it between the Carrera and GTS Gen 1's! But the GTS gen 2 is obviously in a whole different league in pure speed terms!

e.g. A Carrera S 1st gen with PDK and SC is often quoted as 3.9 to 60, 8.8 to 100 and 188mph flat out.
The equivalent 2nd gen C2S delivers 3.7 to 60, 8.5 to 100 and 191mph flat out.

Then look at the GTS versions:
991.1 = 3.8 to 60, 8.4 to 100 and 190mph
991.2 = 3.4 to 60, 7.5 to 100 and 194mph

I hope the Remus works as you should then have speed and sound .....

Good morning all. So I thought I would write a quick up date on my 991.2. I haven't installed the back box yet, (still planning on a Remus), but the car is growing on me. It has just hit 1400 miles, not had much time in it since March, but the last few drives were really good and definitely brought a smile to my face.

Attachments

• img_0136_290.jpeg
    img_0136_290.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4,742
findtom said:
Good morning all. So I thought I would write a quick up date on my 991.2. I haven't installed the back box yet, (still planning on a Remus), but the car is growing on me. It has just hit 1400 miles, not had much time in it since March, but the last few drives were really good and definitely brought a smile to my face.

Not had much time in it since March?!?!

I use mine as a daily, might as well enjoy it!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back