Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear Wiper Delete or Not?

+1 for keeping originality.
Like some previous posts in this thread, I don't use it very often but when I do I'm glad to have it.

For anyone who has deleted it, have you regretted it?

...and do you simply rely on frequent applications of RainX? :D
(that's assuming you use your car, and use it in rain :lol: )

Your car, your choice. If it's a daily or continental cruiser then it may come in handy... however if it's a summer cruiser and weekend warrior then get rid. :thumb:

C.

I'd keep it. The 911 has a long history with the rear wiper, and some argue the sheer utility of it actually adds to the beauty of the design, rather than detract from it.

Having said that, I had a long debate with myself when speccing mine, and my first draft spec had one. But being the shallow man that I am, I bottled it and removed it from the spec at the last minute, purely for aesthetic reasons.

But if the car came equipped with it, I'd want to keep it.

Well done you for keeping it. Right decision IMHO.
Have you changed the relay? :?:

Mine had a broken/repaired arm when I bought the car - so I replaced with a new one. However, I just couldn't get it adjusted just right so it always left a smear.
So - when I had the paint job I opted for a new screen and deleted the wiper gubbins.
I think the back end does look so much neater without, and it's never caused me a problem in the rain (though that could be because I would usually be in the Merc if its raining :oops: )

Seriously though, with a good coat of RainX the rain falls off as soon as you start moving.

Endoman said:
I fitted the RS rear window, no heater no wiper much lighter and causes a strange squashing lens effect. Treat with rain repellent, love it.
Where did you get the RS Rear Window from..? 8)

jonttt said:
I love the rear wiper and the way it always takes you two goes to remember how to put it back down after washing :grin:

Plus if you drive really really fast backwards in the rain it's useful to have :thumb:
Not forgetting, if you drive really really slow forwards its very usefull to have :lol:
KEEEP IT :thumb:

I got rid of mine, firstly with a bung and then with a new screen. Occasionally would have been useful but the aesthetics of the car are a big part of ownership for me (practicality can't honestly be anyone's main driver) and the cleaner look works for me.

s61yEbr.jpg

gunner said:
..and then with a new screen..]
Where did you get the no-hole screen from..?

Doesn't it leave a mark on the rear shelf?

Tobesetc said:
Doesn't it leave a mark on the rear shelf?

Mine has an insert covering the wiper motor hole in the shelf. Looks neat and you'd have to be looking closely to notice it.

DPeopZP.jpg

gunner said:
I got rid of mine, firstly with a bung and then with a new screen. Occasionally would have been useful but the aesthetics of the car are a big part of ownership for me (practicality can't honestly be anyone's main driver) and the cleaner look works for me.

s61yEbr.jpg

Gunner, are those original tips? Are they meant to sit that far out from the bumper? Car looks mint btw.

Reposted for some reason :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back