Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 now almost the same price as 997''s

spongebob squarepants said:
FZP said:
spongebob squarepants said:
Mad Mark911 said:
DrJimBone said:
T8 said:
I think a 70k 991.1 GTS is still a bit away yet, sorry. :D

£75,950..?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201903085685172 :thumb:

I'm sure you could make an offer to get closer to 70...

And yes it's cheaper - for a reason! It's got 43,000 miles on the clock, which is pretty high for a GTS! Most buyers want much lower much lower mileages and so will pay more, for less, so to speak ......

Ashgoods look like they're preparing to sell a 52,000 mile GTS4 Cabrio for £76K - so it looks as if only the high mileage cars are trending down towards the £70K mark....

I think good 991.1 Cars with a decent spec are starting to firm up ....

:thumb: Were a long way off cheap 991's! Thank god my brexit nightmare price crash turned out to be complete balls... :grin:
That's because we haven't brexited yet and the flood of the less desired 991.2 are about to hit the market over the next few months. The apocalypse is yet to unleash it's fury on the 991.2 market. Doom and gloom awaits, while 991.1 owners are laughing all the way to the bank 🏦 :floor:

Yep I agree with the above :thumb:
Paraphrasing and quoting are 2 very different things :hand: :grin:

My friend could have bought a very nice 56 plate,80k 997 4s for under £20k a couple of weeks ago but got the wobbles last minute.

There are a few lovely 997's under £20k around,the 991 has a loooong way to go in time and cash before that get level gets achieved.

I think a lot of the values are determined by trade in offers. Within my group of friends we have had 3 examples of trade in offers recently on cars:

997.2 4S (29,000 miles) bought Jan 18 for £57,000
Trade in offer Jan 19 (33,000 miles) - £51,000
Sold by OPC for £57,000 in March 19

981 Boxster GTS (26,000 miles) bought June 2018 for £48,000
Trade in offer April 19 (28,000 miles) - £44,500
Currently up for sale by OPC - £52,500

991 Carrera 2S (32,000 miles) with high spec Bought Feb 18 for £64,000
Trade in offer April 2019 (40,000 miles) - £49,000
Told OPC would retail for £57,000

So the 991 is taking the biggest hit over the year as the other two have either retained value or gone up in price. If I was buying again I would go for the 991 though.

991 Carrera 2S (32,000 miles) with high spec Bought Feb 18 for £64,000
Trade in offer April 2019 (40,000 miles) - £49,000
Told OPC would retail for £57,000

I thought that was a pretty low ball offer they gave, as that car has a nice spec, & aero kit maybe the mileage is on the up but I reckon they would be just under £60k

They seem to work on 6 -7 k at OPC

They put 6k on my recent trade in car 997.2 C4, which is more than I paid for it 4 years ago, it dropped 3k in 4 years, all in all they are still holding their money so much better than other marques.

I wonder if I will do as well on my 991.1 C2S maybe if there is a enthusiastic swing to the NA cars with slightly nicer sound.

My thoughts are that the astronomical cost of the new 992 will bolster the prices of all previous cars from 997 Gen 2 onwards.

Graham - 49k trade was from the same OPC you got your 991. Trade in from 2 other OPCs were similar on the 991.

It seems that the only two things that are putting the OPC's off trade ins are poor condition and higher mileages. They don't seem quite so concerned with spec as it would appear that this makes much less of a difference to the margin they make. And the target for this is about £8K - which aligns with the trade in values quoted on this thread. Indies run on lower margins I gather - more like £4-6K

Still it would appear that because a quite a few of us have had the same idea and jumped into the market in the last month, there are suddenly far fewer out there. Of the 10 on my research list 3 weeks ago - all have gone bar one and only one new one that fitted my criteria (C2S, sub 20K miles, sub 5 years old, high spec) has come onto the market in that time.

Be interesting to see what price mine comes into the market at? Sapphire blue, 66 plate, high mileage, high spec.

kan300 said:
Graham - 49k trade was from the same OPC you got your 991. Trade in from 2 other OPCs were similar on the 991.

Well I guess your right , that does seem low but if they touted it around & got the same figures then that's what they are prepared to offer, I traded my 997.2 at 37k, a 9 year old car I know which one I would prefer the 991
Maybe the mileage has a bit to do with it & I will just enjoy my new one for now, see what happens in the future,
I'm am already thinking Targa 4 GTS or C2 GTS in a few years from now. :wink:

6appeal said:
Be interesting to see what price mine comes into the market at? Sapphire blue, 66 plate, high mileage, high spec.

Well there is only other 2016 Carrera I can find near the mileage of what yours had done and it's up for £66K. My guess will be that they'll put it up for more like £68K and come down, but it's just a guess ..... :eek:

Yup, thats mine at £66k

6appeal said:
Yup, thats mine at £66k

Gotcha. No pics as yet, but do you think that's a fair price?

I've just re-examined this thread and if you ignore the GTS and take the popular Carrera S in Gen 2 997 and 991.1 it doesn't produce a crossover even when the mileage is ultra low on the 997 (below 3,500 miles per annum) and above average on the 991 (by which I mean above 5,000 miles per annum).
So to get to the situation that the OP is talking about means not comparing "apples with apples".

Last of the breed, garage queen 997's (late £40's to early £50's) are the only ones that really stray upwards into 991 territory and really only the earliest, higher mileage 991's (maybe daily drivers with over 50,000 miles and sub £55K) drop into the top end of the 997's turf.

Prices for both seem to have firmed up again - so either we can take it as a "winter inactivity blip" or "the 992 with options is so far over what I expected" has made more people hang onto both their late 997's or 1st Gen 991's ....

They do seem to have gone up noted 991.1s & some 997.2s gone up over last few months maybe summer blip but I think the cost of the 992 over £100k is making the earlier generations seem more attractive.

6appeal said:

@6appeal is yours the one at Nottingham OPC which was up for £66901 and is now up for £64903?. Was on a private plate ending in BMX

i had a drive in it while it was up at the higher price, very nice car. OPC wouldn't budge on the price though so i ended up buying a 991.1 from OPC wolverhampton instead

i guess Nottingham are willing to keep it in stock for a bit and wait for someone else to come along

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back