Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Thinking of buying a 991.1 - But have some questions....

Robertb said:
Maybe consider a 997.2 GTS? It has the 3.8 with power pack and sports exhaust... a manual one, last of the non EPAS 911s would surely be a reasonable place to put your money, and offer something different to the 991 for high days and holidays.

I think the 991 would be the one for high days and holidays :grin:

Upgrade

Recently upgraded from a 996.2 to a 991.1 C2S.
Its my daily drive (as was my 996).

Cannot wait to get up and drive it each day. Similar feeling towards the end of the day.

Its an absolute beast. Feels way too fast (glad I didn't go for a turbo), light, agile, on rails through the bends. I was always a manual guy, but the PDK is superb and a lot of fun.

I looked at a number of private, dealer and OPC cars. I wanted a well sorted, warranted car so plumped for an OPC car with 2 years warranty. Yes you pay more for it, but some of the other cars I looked at and had inspected (get a PPI if you buy outside of OPC) required several thousand pounds of work to be spot on. Then I would have had to pay for OPC warranty on top.

OPC will warrant cars before their 15th birthday and something like 125k.
Its approx. £1k for 12 months or £1700 for two years plus circa £250 inspection. If you buy outside OPC network, you have to wait three months to apply warranty. You will need basics like matching N tyres and Porsche battery - there goes another £1500 if the car is not right!

Re: Upgrade

coopertrooper2001 said:

Cannot wait to get up and drive it each day. Similar feeling towards the end of the day.

Its an absolute beast. Feels way too fast (glad I didn't go for a turbo), light, agile, on rails through the bends. I was always a manual guy, but the PDK is superb and a lot of fun.

I looked at a number of private, dealer and OPC cars. I wanted a well sorted, warranted car so plumped for an OPC car with 2 years warranty. Yes you pay more for it, but some of the other cars I looked at and had inspected (get a PPI if you buy outside of OPC) required several thousand pounds of work to be spot on. Then I would have had to pay for OPC warranty on top.

Its approx. £1k for 12 months or £1700 for two years plus circa £250 inspection. If you buy outside OPC network, you have to wait three months to apply warranty. You will need basics like matching N tyres and Porsche battery - there goes another £1500 if the car is not right!

Thanks for the info, if I decide to go ahead, I think I'll have to find one at an OPC, rather than a dealer.

coopertrooper2001 said:

:grin: Its an absolute beast. Feels way too fast (glad I didn't go for a turbo), light, agile, on rails through the bends. I was always a manual guy, but the PDK is superb and a lot of fun.
I thought this was just me! Because its larger than its 997 predecessor, you sort of expect it to feel heavier, the reality is very different!

coopertrooper2001 said:

I'm also getting a 991.1 C2S next week! But coming in from an 16 month old Audi RS5 - so the 911 is much lighter, but short on torque compared to the RS5 - but that's OK - I'll just use more revs.

It'll also be my daily - so spooky that so many have had the same idea - so recently! Anyway I hope one and all enjoy howling round the country with the all important PSE switched ON! :)

I decided against it in the end. I'm keeping the Macan for now, and I'm still in love with it, just not as much as I am with the 911.

Which is understandable, I suppose. It feels similar to that scouser on bake off trading his wife of 20 years in for a 23 year old barmaid with huge tits. Most of us would be sorely tempted, but the Macan feels as comfortable as an old pair of shoes, much like the wife. And if I can get to drive a 23 year old barmaid at weekends, I can live with that. I think..... :what:

991.2GTS said:
I decided against it in the end. I'm keeping the Macan for now, and I'm still in love with it, just not as much as I am with the 911.

Which is understandable, I suppose. It feels similar to that scouser on bake off trading his wife of 20 years in for a 23 year old barmaid with huge tits. Most of us would be sorely tempted, but the Macan feels as comfortable as an old pair of shoes, much like the wife. And if I can get to drive a 23 year old barmaid at weekends, I can live with that. I think..... :what:

That 23 year old Barmaid will have (literally) cost him a GT2RS Weissach Pack - so maybe you've seen sense and stuck with the "pragmatic" decision .... :)

Mad Mark911 said:
coopertrooper2001 said:

I'm also getting a 991.1 C2S next week! But coming in from an 16 month old Audi RS5 - so the 911 is much lighter, but short on torque compared to the RS5 - but that's OK - I'll just use more revs.

It'll also be my daily - so spooky that so many have had the same idea - so recently! Anyway I hope one and all enjoy howling round the country with the all important PSE switched ON! :)

I also swapped my 2017 RS5 for my C4s!

You won't be disappointed!

gilford said:
I also swapped my 2017 RS5 for my C4s!

You won't be disappointed!

This is becoming spooky, but there does seem to have been a large number of us that have recently moved back into 991's! :)

I shall put the doubts behind me and look forward to collection on Friday. The RS5 is being collected tomorrow ....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back