Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jonttt's 993 C4S Journal

nickjonesn4 said:
The Brodit kit for 993 is a much better option IMO. 1/3 of the price and just as secure without having to remove anything. Also comes with integral fast charger.

hi - I tried to find this and failed!! could you possibly provide a link?

spongebob squarepants said:
jonttt said:
There are lots of "better" kits and 100% of them are cheaper, however that is not the point of the Rennlist product ie it just looks so damn good in a 964/993 :grin:

IMHO it is the best looking solution but at a massive premium

Hmmmm not so sure, this looks better, and suits the period more :thumb:

sweet :worship:

jonttt said:
There are lots of "better" kits and 100% of them are cheaper, however that is not the point of the Rennlist product ie it just looks so damn good in a 964/993 :grin:

what's the cost of this beauty then?

tim993 said:
jonttt said:

what's the cost of this beauty then?

:hand: It's too much dough given its heritage. 'Plastic blended from a secret recipe known only to the eunuchs of the Kasbah' :roll:

A bargain at c£90 and change :grin:

Got one of these in mine. Decent solution, better than the Kenso clip things that always drop down. Do find my hand catches it sometimes though and you cant see how much fuel you have when the phone is on it.

nickjonesn4 said:
tim993 said:
nickjonesn4 said:
The Brodit kit for 993 is a much better option IMO. 1/3 of the price and just as secure without having to remove anything. Also comes with integral fast charger.

https://www.brodit.co.uk/brodit/vehicles/Porsche/911/1996.htm?steer=rhd

Hi Nick,
Do you have a picture of one of these installed?
The pictures on the web site aren't very inspiring

AndyS said:
nickjonesn4 said:
tim993 said:
nickjonesn4 said:

https://www.brodit.co.uk/brodit/vehicles/Porsche/911/1996.htm?steer=rhd

Hi Nick,
Do you have a picture of one of these installed?
The pictures on the web site aren't very inspiring

My dash is now black so it blends in much better.

Guys, I appreciate there are 100's of different types of phone mounts that will fit in a 993 but can you start a new thread if you want to discuss others please ie believe me I considered every one and would not have spent £90+ on this one if I thought any of the others suited the 993 as well.

If others have different criteria that's fine but as much as I'd like to get the view count up for this thread discussions about every other option really is not going to add anything to it as a journal on my car :thumb:

I too today ordered the bezel mounted magnetic phone holder from Design 911. Yes it's not cheap but I think it's perfect,

Ian

jonttt said:

Just on e bay doing some research I'll post my findings and reviews shortly :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back