Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Holding deposit made on YJ05 FLN Yellow 997.1 S

That's Gen II money. You'd still be going down the bore score route with this.

Wow it just goes to show how careful you have to be with these earlier models, a few years ago if I had seen that lovely yellow car in the metal I would have been drawn to buy.
Glad the new punter hasn't got fleeced on this one, I wonder if the previous owner who didn't come out of the wood work knew & side stepped this to the VW dealers :dont know:

Too right he knew. It'd be like owning a 2-stroke......Filling with oil everytime you put petrol in.

Yeah, going to steer clear of Gen 1 cars. Going to wait for 997.2 4s to come up in yellow.

Hertsdriver said:
Im still unsure whats wrong with looking at this one? good spec, the right colour and seems to be a 'known' car...

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...911-997-carrera-2----------------2007/9621339

Specification seems good enough but after speaking to Hartech about gen 1 cars, it seems a lot of other issues start appearing around the 90K mark - crankshaft, timing belts so cars with that sort of mileage are not what I'm looking for, I'm happy to wait for a lower mileage 997.2 4s to come up but thanks for the suggestion

Alex said:
:wink:

They knew dam well it was knackered. ***** could've saved you a ppi cost.

I think that a dealer selling a car like this should do there home work..i know I would if it was my business.....to quick to pass on problems ansd wash their hands..Bullet dodged.

The search for a new car is for me a very enjoyable experience !

r21 said:
Alex said:
:wink:

They knew dam well it was knackered. ***** could've saved you a ppi cost.

To be fair I didnt pay for the PPI, the condition of sale was they would refund the PPI if there was a problem. The dealer and the salesman have been really honest and I feel a bit sorry for them, they px'd that car based on its FPSH and significant amount of money being spent on its upkeep, now they are left with a lemon because they didn't know the risk of buying that variant of 911

Don't feel to sorry for them, we are talking about Sytner........

Robert SausageTrousers said:
It's way over priced IMO.

Personally I don't think it is overpriced, its a sports chrono manual car with gently used mileage at 53k, and has the X51 power pack. This is a car which will be a sought after collectors car in a few years with that spec and colour.

r21 said:
Hertsdriver said:
Im still unsure whats wrong with looking at this one? good spec, the right colour and seems to be a 'known' car...

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...911-997-carrera-2----------------2007/9621339

Specification seems good enough but after speaking to Hartech about gen 1 cars, it seems a lot of other issues start appearing around the 90K mark - crankshaft, timing belts so cars with that sort of mileage are not what I'm looking for, I'm happy to wait for a lower mileage 997.2 4s to come up but thanks for the suggestion

All cars around that sort of milage will start to show problems gen1 or 2s anything will.
Nothing lasts forever without something coming to light, buy a beamer or mere if you want reassurance of a m ore high milage car.
Different cars for different thins and if your in the market for a 911, then issues of a performance car come with it.
I bet on this forum plenty of folks with gen2s have had some sort of issue with the miles getting higher.
A lot of this is getting the correct maintenance, oil, checks done etc when it should be done.

Surprised that a dealer was caught out buying a defective car in PX. However you mention Porsche cars to most people & they reel off phrases such as "usable every day super car", "hewn from granite build quality" & "solid engineering" when comparing to certain Italian marques. They are totally ignorant of the issues underlying the M96/7 series engines.

That is appalling. As bad as the Trinity of Evil being Border Rievers, Friends Green and Modern Classic Car Co.
The saying of don't buy a car from Liverpool, Bradford or Birmingham is ringing true

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansonslchang
Back