Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PSE flexi section cracked - repairable?

turv996

Hi All,

My 997.1 has just failed its MOT on emissions - its a PSE - and I've found cracks in one of the flexi sections between cat and back box. Does anyone know if this is repairable? The rest of the exhaust seems in reasonable nick so I don't want to scrap it if it can be avoided.
Cheers, Mark

The best repair is to grind the old flexi section off completely and get a new section welded in. My car only just squeaked through the MOT emissions last June and the reason was the same as yours, a cracked flexi joint. However as the seams on the boxes were also starting to go I replaced them both last month.

img_0178a-1.jpg

I have herd of garages welding on a new flexi pipe .. not sure where you are but a quick search returned this ..

https://mobileweld.co.uk/

You could always ask your local garage .. sourcing the part is probably the hardest part of the job .

Downside to cracks .. it draws air in which can upset the post cat lambdas and will upset the emission tester at mot time .

deMort said:
I have herd of garages welding on a new flexi pipe .. not sure where you are but a quick search returned this ..

https://mobileweld.co.uk/

You could always ask your local garage .. sourcing the part is probably the hardest part of the job .

Downside to cracks .. it draws air in which can upset the post cat lambdas and will upset the emission tester at mot time .

Interestingly both my flexi hoses or pipes need to be replaced and one on the driver's side is particularly fat and blowing.

My local garage is quoting me £350 to replace... this sounds excessively expensive?

A lot cheaper than replacing the actual boxes.

Thanks for all the comments/suggestions. Frustratingly, I've been unable to get PCW / exhaustmods.co.uk to reply to numerous messages so am having to investigate a plan b. Any other suggestions of suitable companies in Beds/Northants gratefully received!

turv996 said:
Thanks for all the comments/suggestions. Frustratingly, I've been unable to get PCW / exhaustmods.co.uk to reply to numerous messages so am having to investigate a plan b. Any other suggestions of suitable companies in Beds/Northants gratefully received!

Your local Powerflo franchise will im sure sort this...mine has , or will, shortly fix mine for less than half the price a Porsche Indy quoted me

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back