Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen 2 not intended as a scare story and is just my Car

stucart said:
Great news, your back safe and so is the car :thumb: Bet it's been a long day but satisfying. What's next mod? :D

Stu, well I will be selling the fabspeed carbon induction :grin: :grin: as we now know 100% it puts out slightly less power than the stock airbox with bmc filters and theres not even a better low/mid range power curve thats worth sacrificing a couple of bhp at the top end.

What I will be doing next week is fitting the clear newer gen2 rear lights as I have those waiting in the garage and also fitting RSS semi solid engine mounts also waiting in the garage . :thumb: :thumb:

Great news Phil, just in time for Dinslaken :thumb: Glad you got the Hartech tour, great to see proper engineering going on there!

Thanks Gents for the kind words , going to have a beer now and fall asleep :grin: :grin:

Bravo Phil. :bow:

Hartech is a fantastic place. Non of this fur coat and no knickers nonsense. Just good old fashioned hard work, skill, knowledge and expertise pumping throughout the whole organisation..........plus bucket loads of excellent customer service.

Once you've been there and seen what these guys do, you totally get it when members state No Substitute!!

What a fantastic "Easter Present" :grin:

:thumbs:

Was wondering what 'expertise pumping" was for a second or two... :?:

Thought you were being filthy :floor: :hand:

:thumb:

:oops:

I've started using the term knocking mote often now :)

Excellent to see the beast back Phil. Enjoy falling in love with it again! Cheers Omar

DrJimBone said:
Was wondering what 'expertise pumping" was for a second or two... :?:

Thought you were being filthy :floor: :hand:

:thumb:

Thanks again Gents,

:grin: I am going to get a tee shirt with

"Expertise Pumping" on it :grin: :grin: :grin:

ay up lad. Glad you're reunited with the car. Please enjoy the complimentary black pudding I left on your dash!

Did you say engine mounts! :eek: Is this a good idea :nooo: It's almost perfect........

spongebob squarepants said:
Did you say engine mounts! :eek: Is this a good idea :nooo: It's almost perfect........

Well I will they them its only 15mins to take them back off if its a bit too hard . I did have them on the gen1 so was going to try them on the gen2 but I am not convinced so will just wait and see. :grin: :grin:

Congratulations Phil on the return of your car. I expect that you'll have many happy years of motoring and mods ahead of you.

What are you going to do with the 'very fast lorry'?

Phil 997 said:
Gents finally made it home ok , far too many people heading south ,I forgot it was the start of the easter weekend 🤔😁😎you know you have gone too far north when after an hour of driving your still 70 miles north of Birmingham . did check the car before leaving the North for stashed ferrets, Pigeons and whippets and who left a half eaten black pudding and tripe butty in my car.

Hartech is an interesting place its all about the cars there's no flashy sales area, its a good old fashioned engineering company full of guys who are passionate about the job.I had a tour round and very impressive what they do there.

Cars running great, Grant told me to run millers 5w40 for the next 2000 miles then switch back to millers 10w50 when I do the 2000 mile oil and filter change thats needed on the rebuilt engine.
Still running it in a bit, Grant told me to drive it how I normally drive it :eek: :hand: :eek: :) for the last bit of running in ,so I was careful to keep it under 115mph on the way home :grin: :grin:

Its funny as I had almost forgotten just what a grin driving a 911 is , the Bentley is nice and very fast in a civilised way, but it doesn't make you grin like driving a 911.

Right breakfast on Sunday with the local guys and then ready for Germany next weekend .
:thumb: :thumb:

Good news on getting the car back Phil and interesting news on the Fabspeed induction kit, that means i have a spare deck lid to sell now. Out of interest what was the verdict on the 82mm throttle body vs the 74mm standard one?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back