Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

40th Anniversary 996 at Anglia Car Auction

That vendor has a reputation. I'm surprised they're not trying to flip it for more. I though the market for the C4S was supposed to be strong?

wasz said:
Robertb said:
wasz said:
£30k has the world gone mad? good result for the seller.

Limited edition? Check
Low mileage? Check

Yay, fill yer boots.

Weird. 114k is par for the course.

It's not really a special edition though, it's no different to any other 996.2, just a cynical badge. They don't usually attract much of a premium.

Its no 2.7rs lightweight is it?

Nope - def not a 2.7 RS but then it's a tad cheaper., to be fair.

However, can't agree with it being just a "cynical badge" - standard X51 pack (+25BHP, better oiling and cooling, mapping and hardware- would have been an £8k option back then on a standard car), turbo rads (30% bigger cooling area) to go behind the Turbo front PU, R030 suspension, first standard production 911 with an LSD apparently (although probably now requiring a few plates to bring it back to 100%), plus some reasonably sensible cosmetic stuff (GT3 side skirts, full leather interior pack, etc)in what is a fairly plain C2 shell. And not to mention the very desirable rear window wiper!!!

Compared to the 50th Anniversary model (2013) the 30th and the 40th were very much extra engineering rather than fancy wheels and trim and a plethora of badges - and have a look at current 50th values, many selling for the same or more than new price.

Not sure how the relative rarity is having an impact as it seems to have had on other lower volume models as don't really follow that route. I bought mine (at 9 year old with 42K on the clock, now has 66K) simply because it just drove measurably better than several standard C2s of similar age and had most of the interesting stuff under the skin in a plain car. If it has gone up in value then that's great but not banking on it.

Anyway, that's my spiel sticking up for the 40th
Cheers.Ian

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back