Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

And it''s goodbye from me...

mohitos

After 6 years of ownership, my 993 is sold and being collected tomorrow morning.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the experience, and for me, the journey was as much about improving the car as it was the miles behind the wheel. Unfortunately the last year or two, those miles were very low and after much deliberation I decided it was time to move on from 993 ownership and look to try something else. I've never owned a car so long and there are plenty I still want to try. I've decided to start here.

I've met some fantastic people through this forum, some of whom are now close friends. Thanks for the community spirit and help and advice over the years :thumb:

The new owner is a lovely chap and I'm sure he'll visit to make himself known.

Attachments

• 64919258_b6a5_48f4_bd25_d073bbaf02f7_145.jpeg
    64919258_b6a5_48f4_bd25_d073bbaf02f7_145.jpeg
    835 KB · Views: 3,315
:worship:

Good luck, don't be a stranger, you'll be in a 981 soon enough :grin:

mohitos said:
After 6 years of ownership, my 993 is sold and being collected tomorrow morning.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the experience, and for me, the journey was as much about improving the car as it was the miles behind the wheel. Unfortunately the last year or two, those miles were very low and after much deliberation I decided it was time to move on from 993 ownership and look to try something else. I've never owned a car so long and there are plenty I still want to try. I've decided to start here.

I've met some fantastic people through this forum, some of whom are now close friends. Thanks for the community spirit and help and advice over the years :thumb:

The new owner is a lovely chap and I'm sure he'll visit to make himself known.

Enjoy the new motor and thanks for the various bits of advice you gave me when I was buying and first bought my car :thumb:

So many cars to try out there, can't own them all together. I would love to hear your thoughts on the alternatives.

MC

It's seldom I have regretted any sale as usually it has financed the next whim and when I'm old and infirm I can be safe in the knowledge of the wide variation of cars that I have owned.
Good luck to you sir!

kas750 said:
It's seldom I have regretted any sale as usually it has financed the next whim and when I'm old and infirm I can be safe in the knowledge of the wide variation of cars that I have owned.
Good luck to you sir!
:goodjob:
Change is good.
MC

The good old V10 scream..... been there 3 times.... you cant beat it..... enjoy!

Stuart ...... Looking forward to seeing the V10 in the "flesh" ...... :) :thumb:

Illuminati vacancy available. Please enquire with the OP for access :what:

Looking forward to how your OCD tackles the R8 :grin:

Still regard your 993 as one of the most beautiful out there. Hope the new motor gives you as much pleasure.

Err.......more photos please :thumb:

I sold last year. For me the cars are arguably better to look at and hear than thy are to drive. As with life, looks can take you a leg way. I owned mine longer than I've owned anything else.

Ownership was a great experience the best, in no small part, thanks to this forum. I've met some top blokes here and the 993 community are a helpful bunch. Many are crippled with OCD it's true, but good people none the less.

Good luck with the new car mate . It's looks a cracker and definitely an itch I'd like to scratch.

Thanks everyone. I know I'll be seeing some of you around.

I'll be at the Bicester Sunday Scramble in the new steed. Not sure if the journey there will be faster or slower than the 993, given the frequent fuel stops.

One final photo as she left yesterday:

Attachments

• 6688aae3_653a_4038_a929_68812ffd7091_162.jpeg
    6688aae3_653a_4038_a929_68812ffd7091_162.jpeg
    700.9 KB · Views: 2,737
Looks immaculate on that transporter. Someone's going to be happy 😃
993 underwhelming to drive? 😂
Good luck with the new toy 👌🏼

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members