Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Holding deposit made on YJ05 FLN Yellow 997.1 S

I would just be that extra diligent with a dealer that is not familiar with selling Porsche or other high performance sports cars.

In my previous search for a car I came across a 997.1 C2S at a London Lexus dealership. Passed their own in house inspection and I was due to view the car but before I organised the journey, I found somebody on here who already PPI'd the car and chose to walk away - I didn't bother wasting my time.

To be honest I would only accept a PPI or bore inspection from a Porsche Inde or engine builder who is familiar with normal wear versus scoring on these engines.

Basalt911 said:
Cannop said:
I agree with Alex, the sooty bank 2 tips and a vague "I think it's been scoped" would be enough for me not to proceed. You've dodged an expensive bullet I think!

is it THAT sooty? I always thought it'd be much more pronounced than that in effected cars?

also, i wouldnt write it off just because a lazy Polo salesman cant be bothered to chase down a previous owner...they really wont know what they're doing with a car like this and wouldnt know a bore score from a half-time score

Considering the car would have been cleaned before the photographs were taken I'd say that's sooty! I would walk away, YMMV.

Yeah - all I did was compare left vs right. They should look and smoke the same.

Car is being checked out today by OCD Porsche on the Wirral, I could have pushed to get it done by Hartech but these were closer and it was easier to organise.

Should know later today if its a "lemon", VW have said the report will also go on the database VW/Audi/Porsche share so I suppose thats a good thing when it comes to resale.

Fingers crossed it's a good one.

Its a lemon, cylinders 4,5 and 6 all knackered needs a rebuild. They would do a deal at 17k but that leaves me with a 10k rebuild cost and total cost of 27K which is way over the odds for that car.

Oh well, bullet dodged and keep looking.

:wink:

They knew dam well it was knackered. ***** could've saved you a ppi cost.

Alex said:

To be fair I didnt pay for the PPI, the condition of sale was they would refund the PPI if there was a problem. The dealer and the salesman have been really honest and I feel a bit sorry for them, they px'd that car based on its FPSH and significant amount of money being spent on its upkeep, now they are left with a lemon because they didn't know the risk of buying that variant of 911

Alex said:

Looks like they've removed the car from retail sale as it's disappeared from their website. Let's see how long before it pops up somewhere else. At least the OP didn't get burnt on this & with the registration in the heading for the post, it'll help another purchaser dodge the bullet & hopefully it'll get fixed before it emerges again. I doubt the selling dealers warranty would have covered a repair of this magnitude btw.

That will be in the BCA auction next month :nooo:
Shame, speed yellow is such a lovely car.

r21 said:
Alex said:

To be fair I didnt pay for the PPI, the condition of sale was they would refund the PPI if there was a problem. The dealer and the salesman have been really honest and I feel a bit sorry for them, they px'd that car based on its FPSH and significant amount of money being spent on its upkeep, now they are left with a lemon because they didn't know the risk of buying that variant of 911

I wouldn't feel that sorry, no doubt 17K was what they paid!

Basalt911 said:
is it THAT sooty? I always thought it'd be much more pronounced than that in effected cars?
Turns out they were that sooty, the whole bank shot too.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back