Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Macan Wheel In 997.1 tip

Hovis

Monza
Hi,

Read a lot of threads in wheel changes and paddles shift.

Options are fit AMG paddles and solder in connections to existing wheel
Or
Fit new wheel additionally need round air bag, steering wheel module and piwis coding.

Looking at a nice Macan one but I don't have multifunction so wondering if this can be retro fitted too.

Any one used indies or OPC near Nottingham for this?

Weighing up both options. The modified wheel will likely be cheaper and might be more inkeeping with the original 997.1.

Have the 3 spoke sport wheel ATM.

Any advice guidance or experience welcome. Already had a couple of PMs with tips or ideas.

Thanks buddy.

That's one of the thinks I'd looked at.

With tip to paddle did you need a new module in the steering column or did you already have PDK as have an 09?

I used the new module, Although I never tried it with the original one so it may have worked.

Purists may say otherwise, but the difference is night and day with the newer wheel and literally refreshes the whole interior.

Attachments

• img_20190409_wa0014_146.jpg
    img_20190409_wa0014_146.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 1,402
116618LN said:
I used the new module, Although I never tried it with the original one so it may have worked.

Purists may say otherwise, but the difference is night and day with the newer wheel and literally refreshes the whole interior.

outstanding find :thumb: :thumb:

Spoke with another local indie.

If I bring the parts and instructions he's on for it.

Has changed many wheels but never a PDK paddle to a tip.

Searching out the parts from
The various guides. But think Macan wheel not the way forward given I can't match the sand beige interior so going PDK paddle shift

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back