Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen 2 not intended as a scare story and is just my Car

Hope all goes well tomorrow, see if Jontt can lend you a shirt :floor:

Nice one Phil I bet you can't wait, all of us keep wondering when the day would be so it must have been playing on your mind constantly. At least with a nice set of thin soled Addidas Gazelle's on your pedal feel should be quite good as you must have forgotten how she feels after all this time. :thumb:

I assume your chauffeur can't your butler drive you up here?.
I could meet to at the airport (a.k.a. Th`Airport) but I'm taking me whippet to T`Vets

Seems I'm chauffeur at the Southern end of this trip... Up at 7:30am for an 8:30am departure, on my day off! The cheek of it! It's almost as if I owe him for a six hour round trip to pick up the Angry Gayman...

:dont know:

Hope he took you in the Bentley, Jim!

If so, did you sit in the back?

Nahh... left that only heap on the drive and went up in REAL luxury. My 1998 ToyMota Carolla emergency car (i.e. the only one that's reliable)...

:thumb: :bandit:

Classy....

Phil must be like a kid at Christmas just about now....

Must be a long drive from the North...

Not sure this radio silence is a good sign :dont know: someone give Alex a shout to put a search party out :popcorn:

Why do I have visions of a whippet with a flask of tea on its collar?

Gents finally made it home ok , far too many people heading south ,I forgot it was the start of the easter weekend 🤔😁😎you know you have gone too far north when after an hour of driving your still 70 miles north of Birmingham . did check the car before leaving the North for stashed ferrets, Pigeons and whippets and who left a half eaten black pudding and tripe butty in my car.

Hartech is an interesting place its all about the cars there's no flashy sales area, its a good old fashioned engineering company full of guys who are passionate about the job.I had a tour round and very impressive what they do there.

Cars running great, Grant told me to run millers 5w40 for the next 2000 miles then switch back to millers 10w50 when I do the 2000 mile oil and filter change thats needed on the rebuilt engine.
Still running it in a bit, Grant told me to drive it how I normally drive it :eek: :hand: :eek: :) for the last bit of running in ,so I was careful to keep it under 115mph on the way home :grin: :grin:

Its funny as I had almost forgotten just what a grin driving a 911 is , the Bentley is nice and very fast in a civilised way, but it doesn't make you grin like driving a 911.

Right breakfast on Sunday with the local guys and then ready for Germany next weekend .
:thumb: :thumb:

Attachments

• img_3383_copy_155.jpg
    img_3383_copy_155.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 1,693
Jimbo , thanks for the lift to the airport today in the 5h1t box toymota. as I got out at the airport a homeless guy gave me a fiver :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

Nice one Phill glad you made it out of bandit country :D now be gentle with it and FFS don't break it :thumb:

Great news, your back safe and so is the car :thumb: Bet it's been a long day but satisfying. What's next mod? :D

Don't crash it before Beaulieu!

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back