Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Herman Yellow 991-Modifications thread

Those discs look rusty :wink:

spongebob squarepants said:
Jcx said:
Excellent. What did you use to clean the silver hats and the arches?

And what colour did you do the wheels?

Simple green degreaser for the arches, white vinegar/baking soda for the hats :thumb: Wheels are satin grey.

Did you use the Liverpool shirt as well in the process ?

Looking clean there now ....!

... white vinegar/baking soda for the hats :thumb: Wheels are satin grey.

Bottle it, sticker it up , knock it out at £10 a bottle :grin:
You have to wonder what is in expensive commercial products ! :?:

Looks great ...I'll try that on my recently acquired PCCBS :thumb:

askgeez said:
... white vinegar/baking soda for the hats :thumb: Wheels are satin grey.

Bottle it, sticker it up , knock it out at £10 a bottle :grin:
You have to wonder what is in expensive commercial products ! :?:

Looks great ...I'll try that on my recently acquired PCCBS :thumb:

I was careful with the patented 'solution' (think mix) rubbing it on and not getting any on the ceramics (the inter web suggests anything other than soap and water will destroy them :?: ) so other than that I used soap and water :grin:

I found an cotton old shirt to use to aid in this process :eek:

Careers T style side decals for me. Tgevwheels like fantastic. How did you find the tyrz boys?

FZP said:
Careers T style side decals for me. Tgevwheels like fantastic. How did you find the tyrz boys?

Yes very good, will always use going forwards :thumb:

Future put me into them last year. Glad to hear that met your expectations.

So nearly six months into ownership, and ohmygod only a Racing yellow 991 GT3 has tempted me, and unless mrs sponge, associated children, and house are binned I can't afford it, so Herman yellow moves into record territory and the next in a long line of anticipated tasteful mods :thumb: and honestly Herman's appeal is as great as day 1.

1. Side decal, I can't decide. I may try it as it's a cheapo, and may look good with the new grey alloys? Anyone know of a photoshop app inter web thing to try the look?

2. Seats, I'm looking to retrim with yellow stitching, has anybody got/had JUST the seats done this way, ie the rest of the interior stitching left grey? And an idea of the approx cost for same?

Seatbelts and steering wheel TBC :grin:

seatbelts are only £35 each to be re webbed in yellow its a nice cheap little mod , if your doing the steering wheel its got to have a yellow strip at 12 o'clock , side decals some look great other naff have you looked at the lower door decal only "Herman 911" in a Porsche font maybe not acid green though :grin: :grin:

Attachments

• img_0445_775.jpg
    img_0445_775.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 2,935
nice wheels - my photo is too big - see the one from this thread when you go your car :dont know: :dont know: :dont know:

What are these axel stands? Are they as they look, that you can jack the car up and then slide them in to encompass the Jack and then take it out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back