Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheeler Dealers new episode on the 996 Carrera

Looking forward to that one....

agree, worth watching :eek:

Is this show still on Discovery TV ?

Anyone know when it will be on UK screens ??

Rossi911 said:
agree, worth watching :eek:

Is this show still on Discovery TV ?

Anyone know when it will be on UK screens ??

Since the show went to Velocity in the US we usually have to wait a couple of months before it shows up on Discovery in the UK :nooo:

Word of caution

Ant is better then I thought he would be

Brewer is still a muppet

In the "China days" they did a 986 Boxster with a seemingly borked auto(?) gearbox that they went down the "refurb the wheels black, do a couple of suspension joints and flip it" route

And Brewer's "trade your way to a supercar" ended with a slightly questionable black 996 cab with an aero wing

Be interesting to see how much they "invest" in a ~20 year old 996 as it has to be a little crusty all round at that age, unless its been loved (looks nice and original)....

BTW - I swear I no longer watch as many car resto programs as this post suggests! - too busy gardening and writing angry letters to the council about bin collection and pot holes! :grin:

I read somewhere that Brewer runs a classic 911 so he can't be all bad, even if he is a bit of a plonker.

I suppose it'll be worth a watch. :thumbs:

god how i hate that mike brewer. makes such sweeping wrong statements it's not even funny.

Thanks for posting the link!

I was wondering how to spend my lunch break!

:)

MaxA said:
I read somewhere that Brewer runs a classic 911 so he can't be all bad, even if he is a bit of a plonker.

He has a 912. And a Volvo P1800 etc.

I know most people have a strong dislike, I dont mind him. I thought they way he handled Edd leaving wasnt great (but I can think of lots of things I have done and then regretted later). I know a couple of people who have met him and said he is a really nice guy......

Just watched it - if you have ever wondered about the IMS bearing then it it worth watching just to see Ant explain it really clearly

Wibb' - thanks for sharing; just watched that in my lunch hour.

Yes, i know its free - but the constant ads were annoying; it also pissed me off with their constant and unnecessary reference to the IMS..

Put that aside and it wasn't a bad episode

Osh

Kingb4 said:
MaxA said:

He has a 912. And a Volvo P1800 etc.

I know most people have a strong dislike, I dont mind him. I thought they way he handled Edd leaving wasnt great (but I can think of lots of things I have done and then regretted later). I know a couple of people who have met him and said he is a really nice guy......

I quite like Wheeler Dealers. There are a lot of car shows, but Brewer does occasionally find a nice project for Edd or Ant. I met Edd at Beaulieu with his sofa and he was a lovely chap.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back