Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GT3 Clubsport running report and upgrades

Great thread and beautiful car.

997 GT3, mk1 & mk2, are fine looking machines 8)

Seriously, how do you hide your smug grin every time you drive this beauty....

5826526-de657c979e1e0d7c3c8931502ce1e451

Stuart Mackay said:
:grin:
Recent service at OPC noted my chin spoiler was pretty scuffed. I explained that what with the Hull-Rotterdam ferry ramps and the Karussell, there was no point in changing it yet.

Hey Stuart

Is your exhaust standard? What do you normally register on a static noise test on track days?

(I'm thinking of putting my centre muffler back in to reduce volume and be able to do more local track days)

Roro said:
Hey Stuart

Is your exhaust standard? What do you normally register on a static noise test on track days?

(I'm thinking of putting my centre muffler back in to reduce volume and be able to do more local track days)

Hi Roro

I'll chime in with my experience new car used to pull 102 dbs static by year 6 that became 105dbs (60k miles) all at 6000 rpm

Cunno said:
Roro said:
Hey Stuart

Hi Roro

I'll chime in with my experience new car used to pull 102 dbs static by year 6 that became 105dbs (60k miles) all at 6000 rpm

Cheers Jon :thumb: I'm probably going to put the muffler back in, only hesitation I have is the extra 11kg hanging out the back (well, back to OEM). Looked at silencer options, none of them appeal, and they never guarantee that they'll reduce the sound levels enough on a noise test. My muffler came out at around 15k miles so should still be working fine

Roro said:
Cunno said:
Roro said:
Hey Stuart

Hi Roro

Cheers Jon :thumb: I'm probably going to put the muffler back in, only hesitation I have is the extra 11kg hanging out the back (well, back to OEM). Looked at silencer options, none of them appeal, and they never guarantee that they'll reduce the sound levels enough on a noise test. My muffler came out at around 15k miles so should still be working fine

Yup all standard and around 100 dBa at 6 grand. I have the side mufflers disabled so it is sports mode all the time (hated that its quiet, then loud and quiet again depending on engine revs). So I am effectively only using the back box and carrying the sides as ballast.

We had no problems at Spa last weekend nor the 'Ring on Monday Touristfahrten.

https://youtu.be/uLNoWxw5jwE

Interesting, why not remove them altogether to save weight? Or by disable them you just mean unplugging the vacuum clip.. or did you do something else?

Just pulled out the electrical plug on the right hand side of the engine.

La Source during the PorscheClubFrancorchamps meeting in early April

Attachments

• la_source_457.jpg
    la_source_457.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 13,935
I have been busy over the winter!

Attachments

• dscf8506_reduced_111.jpg
    dscf8506_reduced_111.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 10,988
Some shut lines still need a little work..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back