Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1St DIY Major Service

Same with mine though it did go to a specilaist bi annual for a stamp, changed the oil and filter in between every 12 months sometimes it had not covered a thousand miles, did brakes all round, coil packs heat shields etc.
Treat the car like a baby which would not have been the case elsewhere and would have been rodgered on price.
Plus while I was in there things get cleaned or changed if they look tatty, cavity wax applied to protect where required etc
Painted components such as roll bars get a wipe over with some oil or WD40 to help protect them.
All receipts kept, I do this on all my cars, I have witnessed some main dealer and specilaist horrors, some I would not let near my daughters pushbike :nooo:

...I do all of the general maintenance and other work...brakes,air con condenser change,suspension, exhaust etc...because I simply don't trust garages to do a good enough job to satisfy me...they don't take their time,charge too much and have no investment other than financial in my car's....

I didn't do the engine rebuild of course :D

Plus our cars are not exactly exotica ! Do your own work if you can,save a ton of money and present prospective buyers with evidence that the car is running right...a good well looked after car will always find a buyer...

2 years between oil changes ffs... :eek:

Good job that man - feels good to do it yourself right?

And no wondering what the mechanics in the garage did or didn't do :thumb:

:mechanic:

KJD said:
Great work there. I wish I was as brave. :thumb:

If you ever wish to do it then i will happily explain every step of the way with you either on here , via email or on the phone young man ..

Its a rewarding experience that also says you money .

deMort your input and experience was a great help, thank you very much.

Get a copy of the Porsche service sheet too and tick off what you did and keep with the receipt for the parts and fluids and if makes a great record for a new keeper if you do ever sell.

There is a very helpful person on here who sent me copies to use for mine. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back