Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Holding deposit made on YJ05 FLN Yellow 997.1 S

Is it just me or isn't the deck lid open or sitting proud in those pics?

Hertsdriver said:
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/porsche/911-carrera-997/porsche-911-997-carrera-2-2007/9621339

:thumb:

That's a slightly odd spec too.
Deck lid does look a bit gappy on the top, driver's side.

3.6 with PCCBs & sport chrono
Perhaps unusual world have been better than odd.
Looks cool though.

I remember the car in the press at the time. Total 911 were particularly keen on it, with the writer saying he preferred that spec to a 3.8S.

Clearly a much-cherished car, but another one that needs attention to the nuts!

I emailed the garage to let them know the deposit had been refunded and they replied asking if what they could do to get me interested, so a few emails later they agreed to pay for an independent Ppi including bore score check, if it's ok then I pay the screen price, if not I walk away and get refund.

Be careful whoever does the PPI isn't in cahoots with them.

:yeah: PPI is only as good as the person interpreting the current state of the car. OPC or one of the trusted Indies.

Do they do independent PPIs off site? :dont know:

Don't think they do.

I've sent them a message on facebook, if it needs to go to Bolton to be checked then the dealer excepts that or they don't and I don't buy the car.

With a can of spray paint. Obviously wire brush or sand the rust off first. Alloy wheel spray from The Range is my preferred goo.

Cannop said:
I agree with Alex, the sooty bank 2 tips and a vague "I think it's been scoped" would be enough for me not to proceed. You've dodged an expensive bullet I think!

is it THAT sooty? I always thought it'd be much more pronounced than that in effected cars?

also, i wouldnt write it off just because a lazy Polo salesman cant be bothered to chase down a previous owner...they really wont know what they're doing with a car like this and wouldnt know a bore score from a half-time score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back