Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bit of a novice question

Zorro

I was wondering, does the 993 have any form of traction control.

ABD (Automatic Braking Differential) - brakes a spinning rear wheel under acceleration, but only upto 40mph or so...

IIRC standard on C4, option (224) for C2.

I am unaware that I have any optional ABD, so I assume I don't have anything on the traction control front.

I do appear to have M219 (differential), but other than the car having a differential I don't know what is special about M219. Maybe it's a slipper, or maybe they were standard anyway.

My car sounds pretty basic then. Just watch it in slippery conditions.

993s are pretty stable thankfully, you will have to try pretty hard to get it to step out in the dry, it's easier in the wet but they are not dangerous unless you are being foolish unlike some M cars I have had which you would never want the ESP/ABD turned off..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back