Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen 2 not intended as a scare story and is just my Car

Ich glaube dass das Auto ist kaput

DucatiRob said:
Wow.. that is cutting it fine for Dinlaken Phil :eek: fingers crossed for you...but as you say, it is in good hands and will be well worth the wait by the sound of it!

Really interesting about the fabspeed intake, and a shame because it looks and sounds so good! Is the power down by enough to ditch it completely? I'd be tempted to keep it if it was only a couple of bhp!

:grin: :thumb: Rob you and I think alike and I had already said that to Wayne , if its only a couple of BHP or its down at the top end I would keep the fabspeed .he hasn't replied yet I am guessing he's still recovering from being asked to fit something that reduces power :floor: :floor:

G2 said:
Perfection takes time Phil. Have you sorted ADAC cover for the Stuttgart trip..I can imagine the Stuttgart OPCs face if they open your engine lid :dont know: :thumbs:

I have got a couple of bits in the luggage compartment that are still OE :grin: and will be taking driving abroad breakdown Insurance :grin: just in case :thumb:

MaxA said:
Viel Glück mit dem auto Herr Phil

Danke Max, es wird sich lohnen :thumb:

mikeluke said:

Es war kaputt, aber jetzt repariert, aber sie geben es mir immer noch nicht zurück. Ich denke es liegt daran, dass sie aus dem Norden kamen und es gestohlen haben :floor: :floor: :floor:

Phil 997 said:
:grin: :thumb: Rob you and I think alike and I had already said that to Wayne , if its only a couple of BHP or its down at the top end I would keep the fabspeed .he hasn't replied yet I am guessing he's still recovering from being asked to fit something that reduces power :floor: :floor:

I have never met Wayne, but talking to Grant at Hartech when my engine was being rebuilt about getting a remap to compensate for the Agency Power air filter, they recommended Chipwizards, but warned me he would probably recommend i removed it!

Phil 997 said:
mikeluke said:

Es war kaputt, aber jetzt repariert, aber sie geben es mir immer noch nicht zurück. Ich denke es liegt daran, dass sie aus dem Norden kamen und es gestohlen haben :floor: :floor: :floor:

Always thought that you were a cunning linguist, Phil...

Phil - fingers crossed you get the car back for Dinslaken.....

Am intrigued by the air-filter bit....
1) I wonder if its a limiting factor, with your car, as you have other tuned items on there, but may not be a limiting factor on a stock engine (no idea if thats true/possible)?
2) Did they try a standard OEM filter in the air-box or purely the BMCs in the airbox (am asking selfishly, as havent decided whether to swap the new filter the OPC just put in, for another after-mkt panel filter).

As has been said above, I would trade a BHP or two at peak power for better noise....be really interesting to see the shape of the power/torque curves

Have to commend your commitment (and Hartech's etc) to do the best by the car.....its a learning experience for all of us.

mikeluke said:
Phil 997 said:
mikeluke said:

Always thought that you were a cunning linguist, Phil...

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :grin: :thumb:

Wow Phil cutting it fine !

Is the best mod actually not to mod at all :?:

Well, there is the old saying "if it ain't broke, then don't fix it" but Phil's car was not well in the first place.... Apparently it was feeling blue!

:floor:

Gents, just been told the cars now back with Hartech ,so finally the mappers done his bit. he did tell me that it took him a age to set up as it had already got a remap and he said it was not a good one :eek: his words were typical dangerous guess work reflash running far too lean under load and far to advanced :eek: but he hasn't given me any dyno numbers yet has just said its now set up properly and now gone quiet again as he's very busy . So will have to wait and see what Hartech say when they have finished the last couple of bits of testing they needed to do . hopefully I am picking it up on Thursday and really hoping its this Thursday and no other Thursday :grin: :grin: From what I understand Hartech need a day or so on it . on the plus side picked up Jimbos 6.2 Ltr Cayman with him on Saturday OMG what a beast that is :floor: :floor:

Fingers crossed.
Good news for all but the good folk of Dinslaken :D

Thursday.....

Now where have I heard that one before?

:?:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back