Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Warranty issues?

alpinaman

Bought my Cayman 981 from OPC and had 2 year OPC warranty.Had it serviced and some new tyres and brakes at OPC.

Over winter its developed a few faults so i thought i would send it in for a bit of work under warranty.

Spoiler not aligning ..High on Offside... NOT COVERED
Suspension Noise nearside front..........NOT COVERED
Suspension noise from rear...........NOT COVERED
Tailgate rattling over bumps ...........NOT COVERED
Headlights delaminated and peeling...NOT COVERED

What a waste of time....All classed as wear and tear,32k miles.

Is this "fair enough" ? I thought buying a prestige brand low miles car from OPC with OPC warranty was a good idea?

Rude dealer too..... Seriously sounded like a commandant that was having a bad day..

:roll: :roll:

I'd be speaking to a different OPC

As stated simpy go to antoher OPC.

The difficulty can be identifying the exact fault as it may be wear and tear or a fault ie you may have to pay for investigative work but I always angle for this to be goodwill.

The delaminating headlight I would definately argue is not wear and tear unless its obviously been caused by damage :dont know:

Really?

Looking at your location i dare say you know the dealer...

Nearly an hour way too,might try Sheffield

jonttt said:
As stated simpy go to antoher OPC.

The difficulty can be identifying the exact fault as it may be wear and tear or a fault ie you may have to pay for investigative work but I always angle for this to be goodwill.

The delaminating headlight I would definately argue is not wear and tear unless its obviously been caused by damage :dont know:

Yea, i can see that.

Thing is,the dealer is just angling that im paying up and thats it,even before i get the car there.
They dont even know whats wrong and already the hard sell.

Doesnt give me any confidence whatsover.

alpinaman said:
Really?

Looking at your location i dare say you know the dealer...

Nearly an hour way too,might try Sheffield
There are 2 in my region. I hope it's not Wilmslow as they have been outstanding on service and warranty issues over the past 5 years.

alpinaman said:
Bought my Cayman 981 from OPC and had 2 year OPC warranty.Had it serviced and some new tyres and brakes at OPC.

Over winter its developed a few faults so i thought i would send it in for a bit of work under warranty.

Spoiler not aligning ..High on Offside... NOT COVERED
Suspension Noise nearside front..........NOT COVERED
Suspension noise from rear...........NOT COVERED
Tailgate rattling over bumps ...........NOT COVERED
Headlights delaminated and peeling...NOT COVERED

What a waste of time....All classed as wear and tear,32k miles.

Is this "fair enough" ? I thought buying a prestige brand low miles car from OPC with OPC warranty was a good idea?

Rude dealer too..... Seriously sounded like a commandant that was having a bad day..

:roll: :roll:

I find it quite surprising that some these issues haven't just been sorted by this OPC 'under warranty' for a car you've bought

Suspension issue needs more information as at 32k the shocks are not worn out

The headlamp de-lamination issue is a known problem for almost all clear coat headlamps, this I would take to a detailer to restore the headlight and apply a fresh clear coating to protect it

Might be worth contacting the new OPC opening this month in Preston - it may already be open.

I had the same issue on my old 997 but when I pointed out that I had not done a lot of miles since I bought the car - Service Department billed the work internally to Sales.

It can also be down to who you speak to in service too.

The headlamps is odd..

I have never seen this particular issue on any of my previous cars,had many BMW's Mercedes and Jaguars.

The easiest way to describe it is,when you have sunburn and your skin starts to peel.
Never seen that before....
:dont know:

alpinaman said:
The headlamps is odd..

I have never seen this particular issue on any of my previous cars,had many BMW's Mercedes and Jaguars.

The easiest way to describe it is,when you have sunburn and your skin starts to peel.
Never seen that before....
:dont know:

There are two other issues I've seen, buit on the rear lights on a 981:

1. stress / fracture lines developing inside the plastic. (OPC Reading replaced under warranty)
2. condensation inside a rear light unit. (not spoken to them yet as only just noticed)

I've heard of the stress / fracture lines appearing on a 991.2 as well.

Tim, I think the condensation in the rear light of a 981 is a common "feature" :grin: ie its normal :wink:

Not just the 981! Any of the models with LED rear lights will usually feature it to some degree.

jonttt said:
Tim, I think the condensation in the rear light of a 981 is a common "feature" :grin: ie its normal :wink:

Damn it!!

Yours as well then...
:x

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back