Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPCs - You Gotta Luv 'em

mikeluke

So....

981 Boxster S has failed the 111 point check because it has Zunsport grills fitted.... they want £273 to take them off!

Oh and the wipers (might) need replacing - that would be £101, sir....

Oh and you might want an A/C service - that would be £450 sir...

Extracting the urine I think.....

carry-on-dick-tree.jpg
[/url][/img]

HIGHWAY ROBBERY

Portsmouth or Bournemouth?? I thought the grills were ok according to other threads.

mikeluke said:
So....

981 Boxster S has failed the 111 point check because it has Zunsport grills fitted.... they want £273 to take them off!

Oh and the wipers (might) need replacing - that would be £101, sir....

Oh and you might want an A/C service - that would be £450 sir...

Extracting the urine I think.....

Ouch

Air Con recharge £60 from KwikFit
Wipes probably £50 from Halfords

How is the Grill caused the 111 point check failure ?

My 981 had its major service last Sept and I specifically asked re the Zunsport grills fitted (as its still in warranty until Oct this year)...."no problem" I was told.

From what I read its very inconsistant and to me is simply an indicator of those that would happily fleece you and those that would not (as evidenced by the "other" work they have notified you of)

By contrast I had my 993 serviced at Unit 11 in warrington and paid them £20 extra than they invoiced

OPC can even be inconsistent on the grills between Sales and Service. When Mark bought his 981 GTS last year they were already fitted so he agreed the purchase on the understanding the car would pass the 111 check. When he picked the car up the grills had been removed by Service Department. A quick chat with the salesman and they were promptly fitted back to the GTS by the same service department.

On the 981 they only take about 5 minutes to remove as they are only clipped in place.

Bottom line, they'd much rather have you back through the doors for new rads/conds in 12-18 months wouldn't they!

As an FYI...

Thanks for the thread from PH...

Nice to see that the OPC contacted Porsche GB for clarification - I wonder if my OPC would care to go to the office on the next floor and ask the question...?? They are in the same building!!

The thing that really irks me is that I am paying over £200 for an inspection and £1100 for a warranty and they can't be arsed to do a 5 minute job to keep me happy.

Really looking forward to that customer satisfaction survey.....

mikeluke said:
I wonder if my OPC would care to go to the office on the next floor and ask the question...?? They are in the same building!!

The thing that really irks me is that I am paying over £200 for an inspection and £1100 for a warranty and they can't be arsed to do a 5 minute job to keep me happy.

Suggest you find another OPC, none of the above surprises me. Find one who values your custom and doesn't treat you as a walking piggy bank to be cleaned out at every opportunity.

This pricing is nothing compared to the email I received after my 993 went to a certain OPC for a "FREE Health Check".

Here's an extract:
1. Driver's side front fog lamp not working

o This usually requires a replacement lamp unit as it is often more than just a new bulb. We would always replace these fog lamps as a pair

o The cost to replace a pair of front fog lamps is £580.00

2. Rear brake flexible hoses swelling

o Once the rear hoses start to swell the front hoses will follow soon after. Our experience tells us that the flexible hoses cannot be removed from the metal pipes at this stage of a 993's life, so we would strongly recommend to replace all the brake pipes and hoses together. Unfortunately there is a lot of work involved in this process.

o The cost to replace all brake pipes and hoses is £1,550.00

3. Corroded Exhaust heatshield

o The cost to replace all the exhaust fixings, brackets, clamps and corroded heatshield is £2,550.00

Christian Sanger will be looking after the brakes and I will be doing the other other two myself

Would appreciate the collectives view on this. Major service and brake fluid two OPCs quoted and £415 difference between the two. Both definitely major services. One OPC Porsche GB owned under fixed pricing (the more expensive one) one a franchise but still an OPC...That's some difference? Oh and the cheaper one has not applied the PorscheclubGB discount yet.....

mikeluke said:
As an FYI...

Thanks for the thread from PH...

Nice to see that the OPC contacted Porsche GB for clarification - I wonder if my OPC would care to go to the office on the next floor and ask the question...?? They are in the same building!!

who's the OPC ?

Any third party item fitted will fail an inspection ..

Porsche reasons .. why should they warranty something they have not supplied .. How would they go about replacing it or finding the part if it did fail .. think non Porsche parking sensors as an example .

The third party item could cause damage and therefore cause a warranty claim.
.... Think a parrot system or aftermarket radio and a wiring short .

The downside is when these are sensible items as you have mentioned . armour fend is another one that can fail although some OPC,s allow it .

No third party items .. its a blanket rule .. Period .

Indeed with a lot of OPC,s they act differently .. but at the end of the day , if they pass a car and it goes on to have issues that Porsche reject then THAT OPC WILL be paying for the repair and paying for ANY warranty item for the Time of the Policy ..

I have seen it trust me .. Porsche reject the warranty and the OPC is left footing the bill ... this tends to be why OPC follow the rules regardless and also why they lean towards saying .. its not warranty sir as they don't want to take the risk of not getting paid out on a claim .. they after all decide on what is and what is not a warranty claim .. Porsche inspect the claim later and either pay or reject it .

I'm rambling though so in short ..

Wipers Dont fail the check but they have been noticed to smear so a recommendation .

A/C .. when they ran the car they herd the usual hissing noise so said it could do with a regas .. not a failure unless they found a specific leak ... you can get it gassed anywhere ... Porsche wont know .

G2 ..

When an OPC is quiet you will get a better price .. september to February basically .. they are short on work .. after that they are busy and don't need to discount .

One may quote and include some of the extra work .. brake fluid change etc whilst the other may not , so maybe its that .

I'm not sure these days but i thought an OPC in say London has a higher labor rate than say in Aberdeen ?? .:dont know:

Here's something you can ask either of them on a major service ..

Do they remove all the under trays to inspect all the pipes and body work ..

Do they remove the rear discs to check , sand down the disc and clean the handbrake shoes ..

Do they paint the wheel bolts and brake disc hubs ..

Do they wax oil all the brake pipes and anything else that looks like it needs it ..

I think i know the answer .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back