Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Loving the 993 again

gunner

Sao Paulo
Have to admit that I fall in and out of love with the 993 on a regular basis. Every time I'm struggling to see through a steamed up windscreen or find the battery flat I wonder why I don't get something more modern. RS4, M3, 987 spyder etc etc etc...

However, had a great drive in it at the weekend and now I'm thinking I can live with the foibles as the pay off is so good. The same combo of looks, smell and feel that I bought it for are still a lot of fun.

So now the man maths of not spending money on a new car mean there's a budget for some upgrades to the 993...

:D

I have the same thoughts. At times I long for a wafty Merc W140 for long journeys and even the speed bump joint around my area.
Then I catch a glimpse of the 993 or have a drive where I can stretch it's legs. It reminds me that I always lusted after one and would regret it if I sold it. I then wonder if a 997 GT3 would be the next logical step..and then imagine being in the 997 and seeing a 993 C4S driving past and I know which one I would prefer.
Ideally I should get a 2nd car, but I know it would sit unused as I would always take the key's for the 993. The 2nd car might come though if the ULE zne comes out to Ealing...

Fulla said:
I have the same thoughts. At times I long for a wafty Merc W140 for long journeys and even the speed bump joint around my area.
Then I catch a glimpse of the 993 or have a drive where I can stretch it's legs. It reminds me that I always lusted after one and would regret it if I sold it. I then wonder if a 997 GT3 would be the next logical step..and then imagine being in the 997 and seeing a 993 C4S driving past and I know which one I would prefer.
Ideally I should get a 2nd car, but I know it would sit unused as I would always take the key's for the 993. The 2nd car might come though if the ULE zne comes out to Ealing...

Mine's already the second car and the XC90 does a much better job with 3 kids in the back. Maybe a third car is needed for when the wife has the family wagon and I don't fancy the 993.

I know what you mean, I had two years of not driving my 993 as it sat stored. I've being driving it over the past few weeks and I really can;t think of another classic car I would rather have. They are simply gorgeous cars and the experience of running one, from the smell and sound of the engine to the experience of just having one is unreplaceable IMHO.

I have the luxury of other cars to drive but the 993 is the ever present for me. I love having a car I know I will keep for a very long time :thumb:

Feel silly for even thinking about getting rid of this...

thHg7oe.jpg

Re steamed up windows..... A number of years ago a friend made a similar complaint of his 911, a SC. I suggested he just crack open one of the windows just a tad during the initial demisting process a to increase the airflow through the cabin which seemed to work well for him... it might work for you.. :?:

Getting mine back from where it's been stored for the winter on Sunday, can't wait, genuinely excited.

Country drive back from the Hawkhurst area to West Sussex, can't wait

Luddite said:
Re steamed up windows..... A number of years ago a friend made a similar complaint of his 911, a SC. I suggested he just crack open one of the windows just a tad during the initial demisting process a to increase the airflow through the cabin which seemed to work well for him... it might work for you.. :?:

Fine as long as the wife isn't in the car... :hand:

ch3tman said:
What's on the shopping list? :)

Mainly things I've mentioned on here before. Currently browsing Recaro Sportster CS seats again...

Pottering about in mine again today :drive:

jonttt said:
Pottering about in mine again today :drive:

We need proof...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back