Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 early C2 - Ownership/project thread (cobalt blue)

Always nice to get a bit more done. Like the red calipers :thumb:

Worthwhile jobs there Graham.

How do you find the K&N? I love them me. Proper scream at high revs.

Good, it's given me just the right level of noise now so happy with that.
Fronts are fine for now but I will change them out soonish. Got some RS engine mounts on order.
Slowly going through all the wee bits for now.

It takes time to get all the se bits sorted. Fwiw, I made my own mounts. Mine felt ok but when removed I could see the cracks. I got some liquid polyeurathane and poured it into the mounts. It was a stab in the dark but I figured they were on their way out anyway. I used 65 a shore grade so it wouldn't be too hard. They're stiffer than I'd hoped but work a treat. No downside on the test drive so I'm very happy.
A cheap mod that worked out very well.

Like yourself, it's another little box ticked

Attachments

• 06817921_6d1c_4c5e_a72d_cd24e6f261c9_200.png
    06817921_6d1c_4c5e_a72d_cd24e6f261c9_200.png
    705.9 KB · Views: 4,698
coullstar said:
Thoughts on colour coded wheel centres?

best left in the 90's with wet look hair gel....

I know its a distinct/traditional Porsche look, but I'm not convinced it lends itself to the 996

For my money I'd keep it uniform "factory" silver, maybe a darker contrasted centre... an alternative might be the darker, more chrome "AMG silver"......

I'd be a big fan of gold. Saw these on eBay and it's just the way I'm going to go with my own

Attachments

• 1dc5a93d_bee9_49f3_8b64_4ee6e006417a_184.png
    1dc5a93d_bee9_49f3_8b64_4ee6e006417a_184.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 5,903
Looks like a good result. The mesh really has done its job. Encouraging as I've just added mesh grills too.

That's what you want to see. :thumb:

My new one has the black Zunsport grills fitted. You can't really see them which is a plus, but I'm hoping they've done a similar job to yours. I'll be having a bumper off inspection in due course.

That's using all year round as well so when the leaves are on the ground.

I drilled some holes at the back lower section of the shrouds to help wash out the water and dirt when you power wash in there which seems to help as well.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back